Chapter 46- Thanksgiving

Dinner was amazing. Chris had dropped me off at Lisas' house around 10 so I could help with cooking. We had turkey, ham, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, homemade gravy, and Waldorf salad. For dessert we had homemade pecan pie and homemade pumpkin pie.

Overall the dinner atmosphere was a lot like the 4th of July. Everyone was here, enjoying our small conversations. The Evans siblings and I sat around the fire pit. The cousins and uncles sat at the table with Lisa on the patio and the kids were playing out in the grass with Dodger.

It was a warm feeling I had, being here, surrounded by them, and I wanted nothing more than to live in this moment never letting it go.

It was now about 8:45 and the kids slowly walked over to the pit before the three sat on a small bench next to me.

"Auntie YN?" Stella asked me as she let out a yawn.

"Yes Miss Stella?" I ask not even fighting the small smile that appeared on my face as I called her that.

"Can you sing to us Aunt YN?" Ethan asked me as he pulled Stella into a side hug.

"Sure, is there anything you want me to sing?" I ask brushing the hair out of Stella's face. I hear someone clear their throat and I turned to see Scott holding a guitar out to me. I hadn't even noticed him get up from his seat and go inside.

"No, Aunt YN, we just want to hear you sing." Miles whispered looking at me. This was the first time the boys ever called me that and I wanted to cry, but I didn't. Instead, I fixed the guitar strumming a few chords making sure it was in tune before beginning the notes of the song that first came to my head. I go to sing when I hear another voice.

I look over at Chris who sat in the seat next to me singing. (Justin is Chris and Anna is YN)

Chris: You with the sad eyes, don't be discouraged. Oh, I realize, it's hard to take courage. In a world full of people you can lose sight of it all; the darkness inside you can make you feel so small. Show me a smile then don't be unhappy can't remember when...

I knew I needed to sing the other part, it was a duet after all.

Both: I last saw you laughing.

Chris moved a piece of my hair out of my face like I had previously done with Stella as we sang the line together. I couldn't help but smile at the lyrics and the moment.

Chris: This world makes you crazy and you've taken all you can bear.

Both: Just call me up 'cause I will always be there.

Chris: And I see your true colors shining through. I see your true colors and that's why I love you.

YN: So don't be afraid

I looked back up from my guitar and see Chris starring at my with a soft smile as we continue.

Both: to let them show your true colors; true colors are beautiful.

Chris: I see your true colors shining through, true colors
I see your true colors

Both: And that's why I love you. So don't be afraid to let them show your true colors; true colors are beautiful.

Chris: Like a rainbow.

YN: Oh, like a rainbow.

Chris: Oh, I can't remember when...

Both: I last saw you laughing, oh. This world makes you crazy and you've taken all you can bear. Just call me up
'Cause I will always be there and I see your true colors shining through. I see your true colors and that's why I love you. So don't be afraid to let them show your true colors; true colors are beautiful. Like a rainbow. Oh, like a rainbow.
Oh.

I played the last few chords never taking my eyes off Chris. I hadn't looked away since I looked up from the string earlier. I smile more. This, these moments with Chris where I was vulnerable but cared for. This is what I missed.

Our gaze only breaks away from each other as we hear clapping. I look up to see the three other Evan's siblings with phones in hand recording the scene that had just occurred before them. I look back to the kids and see their eyes closed. What do I do now? Talk to Chris? Talk to the three idiots who got that moment on video? Do I take the kids to bed? I was overwhelmed in the moment that I ended up setting the guitar off to the side before standing up and walking into the house without another word.

I pace the kitchen taking deep breaths, this isn't a panic attack, just a small bit overwhelmed. I just need to figure out my emotions, right?

I took a few deep breaths as I stop at the counter bending over a bit. I rested my elbows on the counter and placed my head in my hands. Think YN, breath.

"YN?" I look up holding back the tears. Tears?! Why?! When did I get this emotional. I see Chris standing there. Concern and a bit of hurt written on his face. OMG YN say something don't just stand here like an emotional wreck. I stood up straight still having all these questions and thoughts running in my mind.

However, my mind did the most rational thing it could in this situation. I walked over to Chris and wrapped my arms around him in a tight and needed hug. Hesitantly he hugged me back.

In that moment I knew, no matter what had happened I forgave him wholeheartedly. I couldn't live without him. I stepped back a bit looking up at him. I looked up into his baby blue eyes and gave a small smile. I unwrapped my arms from his torso before placing them on either side of his cheek. I let my heart decide the rest.

I stood on my tip toes as I gently tugged his face down until our lips met. I was kissing Chris Evans like it was the first time all over again.

He didn't kiss back, not at first. It was like it took him a minute to register but once he did I felt his hands rest on my hips pulling me closer to him before he deepened the kiss.

A few moments pass by and we pull apart reluctantly.

"YN?" Chris was asking the question without having to say the words.

"I forgive you, I missed you so damn much Chris." Chris leaned in before I could continue kissing me yet again. It was passionate. There was a need to the kiss, but a gentle side too. It was him not trying to overstep to early.

"You know, I was waiting for you guys to get back together." The voice startles us apart and we look to see Scott standing there with a smug look. Lisa stepped out from behind him speaking up.

"I'm glad you forgave my idiot of a son! I don't think I could handle his complaining much longer."

"MA!" Chris shouted, eyes wide. The three of us burst out laughing as I leaned back into Chris' embrace. Things felt comfortable again. 

A/N: I'm saying this now, IDC what y'all say or think but for my recent state of mind on their relationship I just have to say is You're welcome... I don't think I could have held out any longer on getting them back together and trust me when I say I have 11 different scenarios and they were all worse than the last.