Chapter 22- Scott?

Part of me dreaded today, Monday. Chris would be busy all day prepping for his meeting in New York which left me to my own thoughts. I started my morning in the pool Chris had. It wasn't as big as the one at Tom's house but it still did the trick to relieve my stress.

I had a lot on my mind. My relationship with Chris was still fresh which left me constantly thinking about the future and if we would even make it. Then my biggest stress at the moment was meeting with the record label tomorrow. I had a bad feeling about it, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I should be happy to meet them but in the back of my mind, I have a nagging feeling.

I decide to push the thought away by pushing off the wall and doing yet another 20 laps. I kept pushing myself to be faster on my lap, holding my breath longer. I was pushing myself to do the one thing I knew; to be better.

Sure, that's probably not what I should be doing. Instead of trying to be better in the pool, I should be jumping on my opportunities. I have a program to modify, an album to finish writing, meeting to schedule with Mr. Miranda. These were just things on my to-do list for the week. Andrea was pushing me to meet with someone in regards to my outfits for the VMA and the Emmys. But in the midst of my madness, I decided I was going to find time to make my own dress for the Emmys. I didn't care what Andrea picked out for the VMA's but the Emmys were going to be all me. If only I remember to tell her that.

Maybe, just maybe I was wearing myself to thin. I had a lot on my plate but knew that these were things I was adding to my schedule. It wasn't like Monica who was giving me turnaround deadlines leaving me no room for relaxation. I mean Hell. I'm here on Vacation even if I need to mix a bit of business with pleasure...

I get to the edge of the pool and surface letting my arms rest over the edge as I catch my breath. I want to talk to Chris about what's going on in my brain but it's scattered, hectic and I don't want to make him worry about me. I also don't want him to think I'm all self-centered talking about my problems all the time. I pull myself up out of the pool and grab my phone as I drape a towel around me as I lay in the only lounge chair.

LMM- Hey! I got your tweet you had ideas about Hamilton? I'd love to meet up and discuss. When would you be available?

YN- Hey! I'm going to be in NY tomorrow all day, then in MA until after the 4th. If you aren't around, I will be spending about two months in GA finishing a movie before going back to LA. If this doesn't work, I'd be happy to facetime you?

LMM- NY would be perfect, I'm going to be at the Rodgers Theater all day working on a contract for the play if you can meet up.

YN- Sounds great I have a meeting from 2:30- 3:30 but I can meet after if that's okay?

LMM- That works great! I look forward to meeting you in person YN.

My stress decided to skyrocket thinking about getting both meetings in tomorrow. What was I going to present to Mr. Miranda? I mean sure I had some ideas and half-written lyrics but would that even be of help? I get off the lounge chair and walk to the deepest end of the pool before prepping for a dive. I need a sign that says when stressed out do laps. I dive into the pool and again push myself more than ever. If I timed myself, I had a feeling I would have a new personal best.

Eventually, I get hungry and make my way to get out of the pool. The sliding glass door opens and I don't think much more than Dodger being let out to use the bathroom. Then I hear steps. I look over and the person I least expect to be there was standing in front of me.

"Scott?" Scott stands there before giving a half-wave. "What are you doing here?" I ask getting out of the pool and wrapping my towel around me.

"Well, a little birdy told me you were stressing out. So, I've come over to get you out of the house."

"Hmm, would that little Birdy be Chris?" I already knew the answer but still asked.

"No actually, it was Dodger." That got both of us laughing.

"You can get me out of the house, as long as you promise we get food. I've been swimming since 8 and I'm starving."

"8?! YN, it's 12:30!" I shrug my shoulders as I use the towel to dry off my hair.

"I was thinking. Let me run and get a quick shower. Meet you in the living room in 15?" Scott nodded his head and we both went inside. I quickly went up to the room my stuff was in and grabbed what I needed for the day before jumping into a quick shower to get the smell of chlorine off.

I went downstairs wearing a pair of blue ripped jeans and a white and blue polka dot blouse. I grabbed my black over-the-shoulder purse, sunglasses, and lyric journal before walking to the living room to see Chris reading a script and Scott scrolling through his phone.

"Ready?" I ask standing by the door. Both of them lookup.

"I know you said 15 minutes, but I didn't expect you for at least 45." Scott said standing up.

"I don't take as long as Chris does to get ready in the morning." I say with a smile. I look over at Chris and see him sitting there with his mouth open about ready to protest. I walk over and give him a quick kiss. "Enjoy the script. I'll be back in a bit."

"Have fun, be safe. Scott, bring her back in one piece." Chris was giving the look to Scott almost to say don't make me regret calling you.

"She's in safe hands, we are just going to lunch, then maybe a small tour of Sudbury. Nothing too extravagant to worry about." I was excited and nervous to go out. I feel weird leaving Chris behind but I know that Scott and need to get to know each other better without Chris being around. With a final quick kiss for Chris and a pet for Dodger Scott and I leave the house heading to a local diner.