Chapter 15- background

The moment I realized what had occurred I went to my contacts and called the one person I knew I could talk to without judgement.

"Hello?" I hear the voice on the other end and it causes me a slight increase anxiety.

"Tom?"

"YN, what's up?" He asked a bit concerned knowing my voice all to well.

"I think, I have a date with Chris tomorrow night." There was a painful silence for a moment before I hear Tom on the other end again.

"Tell me everything." I spent the next hour on the phone with Tom telling him everything that had been going on this week and during his time away in London.

"I think you're right YLN, you have a date. You need to go rest my dear and get some sleep. We do have work tomorrow after all." I grumble knowing that Tom was right. With that we went our ways. I fell asleep that night feeling happy and whole again between the conversation with Chris and Tom and I talking again.

~The next morning~

I walk out of the trailer to see Tom standing at the bottom of the steps in full Loki gear. I chuckle seeing the black wig and layered outfit knowing full well he was dying of heat.

"So, I talked with Mr. Evans this morning." Tom said as he walked me towards the stage door.

"Okay?"

"I asked him he wanted to hang with the guys, to test a theory and he did indeed say he had a date tonight." I feel my chest warm and my heart flutter.

"Thank you Tom. Now, I must get going for the next scene." I walked in to see the interior design of the compound that was introduced in the Avengers Age of Ultron movie. Unfortunately we weren't filming scenes in order which on occasion messed me up thinking of the order. One of the sets was a jail a bit familiar to the one that Loki was in during the first Avenger movie. I walked towards the Russo's and they explained that my next scene I would be in the cell/cage. I walk into the container and they close the door behind me. I take deep breaths. I can do this. I don't really have a fear of enclosed spaces but the longer I do this the more freaked I'll get.

"Action!" I pace the cell acting like myself. I was bored in here already and needed to do something it was plain, bare. The feet shuffle and I keep pacing not looking up to the team. This scene was going to be a mix of personal angst and pain from the 'history'

"Who are you?" I hear Steve ask. I scoff at the question.

"What makes you think you deserve to know, captain?" I ask not looking at him.

"Don't make us get it out of you." I hear Robert say.

"Phh, the all mighty Avengers think they can stop me? That's cute, really, adorable. You don't know what I can do. But Sergeant Barnes surely does. Why don't you bring him here? Maybe then I'll answer some questions." My head is tilted towards my feet as I look up at them. Scar moves her wrist to her face.

"Bring down Barnes."

After a few moments of me pacing and the others keeping a close eye on me Seb walks into the scene through the doors. He stops and takes a silent deep breath, shock filling his face.

"солдат."

"Star." He says making his way to the glass.

"I'm surprised to remember me. You only left me behind in that hell to rot!" I shout flinging my hand to the side. "You left me! Alone! Abandoned! In pain! To be tortured and abused by the ones who created us!" The others stood behind in genuine shock in my acting. But, that's the thing I wasn't acting. Not entirely at least.

"You're still here." Seb said as calmly as he could.

"At what cost солдат?! I did this on my own! No thanks to you! Everything after you left was me! My doing!" I was letting myself feel the pain as I spoke the words.

"Star, all that matters is that you're out." I was supposed to calm down a bit but I was to far gone.

"No! You let everyone I love die! You left me alone! How could you even live with doing that!" I fall to my knees crying as I have my arms crossed of my stomach and I fall forward in the sob. I quickly hear CUT and the door opens to someone at my side. I want to fight the embrace but I couldn't I knew who it was by scent and comfort that it was Chris. Many footsteps left us but I heard a few approaching.

"YN, are you alright? I know you warned us when you signed the contract." Joseph spoke softly as I was still on my knees sobbing. "If we need to break the contract we will not take legal action against you." He said calmly. He wanted to help but I had to move past this, I had to do this. Not only for my career but also to prove something to myself. I shake my head no. After a couple minutes I finally calm down enough to speak even though it comes out shaky.

"There is only one other scene like this I need to get through. The rest are fight scenes.... I can get through this. I have to."

"Okay." Joseph says giving a faint smile to Chris before he walks away leaving the two of us alone.

"Chris-" I was beyond tired and he could tell. He held me tight to his chest and shushed me.

"You don't need to say anything."

"I do, I think it's time I tell everyone. Even you."

20 minutes later everyone of the cast members are in a conference room with the directors.

"I'm sorry about that scene you all. I think I need to tell you some of my background." I say a bit shakily in front of everyone. "Uhm, I lost my parents when I was 4 years old. I moved in with an uncle. He was an alcoholic and a user of many different things. To say that some things I went through were similar of what the character Seb plays went through would be an understatement. I had an older brother who left me there to deal with it as soon as he was old enough. He left and never came back. I guess the scene kind of reminded me of that." I was trying to be informative without breaking down again right there and then.

"That's why you flinched when Tom yelled that day, isn't it?" Lizzie asked a bit weary. I nodded my head.

"You know the rest from there though. Turned 18, worked at a bar to pay for college, was a competitive swimmer covered tuition. I was only 23 when a producer friend of my uncles came offering that all my dreams, could finally come true. 'Come here sweetie, I can make you a star. I just want to see you flourish, I know you'll make it far.' At the time, I couldn't see he did it for the money. I eventually found Monica who took me under her wing like a daughter and we all know the rest."

"Who was the man?" I hear Robert ask from the back of the room.

"It doesn't matter anymore. That's all been taken care of." I give a small, yet very fake smile and everyone can tell I'm done with the conversation.

"Okay, we are going to call it for most of you. We still would like to do some stunt practice with Stan, Mackie, Scarlet and Hiddleston. Everyone else. We will see you tomorrow!" Feige said trying to get us moving and out of this room. I couldn't be more thankful for that. I made my way back to the trailer and sat down letting out a irritated scream. A knock appeared at the door, seconds later it opened without waiting for a response.

"YN?" Chris asked with concern all over his voice. I look up at him and give him a half nod. "I know today has been super stressful and if you need to, I wouldn't mind pushing tonight off."

"I think tonight is the only reason I haven't gone full off the deep end into a panic attack." I replied honestly. We sat there in silence.

"So, you're still on for our date?" Chris asked, I could tell his anxiety was getting to him a bit.

"Of course, thought I am a tad surprised it's a date." I watched his expression change a bit but he doesn't say anything in regards to my comment. After a bit more time Chris leaves so I can change and go home to relax before the date.