Chapter 28- Pure moments

My week off was coming to a close slowly. I sat in a chair with fuzzy blanket and a cup of Hot Chocolate as I starred outside in Chris's house here in Atlanta. We were having a beautiful electrical storm in the middle of July and I loved it more than anything.

Snow is my all-time favorite weather but rain is a close. I could hear the many hard raindrops hitting the roof when I closed my eyes. I can imagine the smell of asphalt right after the first rain of the season. It was close to midnight and I was awake waiting for Chris. They had some night scenes to film but with the storm there is no way they are getting that done tonight.

I open my eyes to see the lightening strike about a mile away. I know Loki is at the apartment comfortably settled in the blankets on my bed like he is every time there is thunder and lightning. Dodger laid by my feet and at the beginning he seemed very nervous so I grabbed an extra blanket and draped it over him. I could see the ease it gave him immediately.

I watch as a single rain drop slides down the patio door as it connects to other drops that are just sitting there. Setting the now empty hot chocolate cup on the small table next to me I lean back into the chair some more and close my eyes.

This week has been eventful. I met with the lawyer and patent application is being submitted. The program has been completed and shows no signs of bugs at this point of time. I met with Lin twice over video and we came up with what we want the play to include which will make the song creations easier in my opinion. Since Hamilton had such an intense background the song ideas were limitless. Now I had a set track of what we wanted to cover. I got ahold of Scott in regards to getting the items I need for making my dress. Oh! I also used the program and got all of my songs set to music for my album. All that was left to do with that is recording vocals the next time I get to New York which will be the beginning of August.

I was fighting to stay awake as the time now neared 1 am. I heard the door open but I was too exhausted to go meet Chris. Sleep took over quickly as his familiar smell hit my nose.

Chris's POV

YN has been working so hard this week on all of her jobs. I felt bad that I couldn't be there for her; to support her. I have the most scenes to film for this movie so I'm constantly away from her. Tonight, we were supposed to do some outdoor scenes since it was going to be dark but with the storm we only got so much done before we were sent home.

The storm isn't going to pass for a day or two so we were told for our safety to stay home till things clear up. I get out of the SUV and thank the driver before walking into the house. I take a deep breath and smell a faint scent of chocolate. Taking off my shoes I walk towards the kitchen and see a small chair by the patio door with the back to me. Next to the chair Dodger lays on the ground with a blanket over him.

I smile at the sight of my girl and my dog being at peace, relaxed. I shrug off my jacket before walking over to see YN asleep in the chair with the blanket wrapped around her. I don't hesitate to bend down and pick her up.

Carrying her bridal style, I walk out of the kitchen/dining room area and head down the hall to the bedroom where I carefully lay her in bed. She stirs a bit and I smile as I grab a second blanket putting it over her. Leaning down I give her a quick kiss on the forehead.

"Sleep well, my love." I whisper before going back out to the main area. I use the time to put the chair away. I grab her empty mug and clean it out before setting it on the drying rack. Once everything is cleaned up, I walk over and shake dodger ever so slightly.

"Dodger, lets go to bed." I watch as his eyes open a bit as he almost glares at me. After a moment he stands up and we walk to the bedroom. Normally he lays on the bed but he goes over to his dog bed in the corner and curls up into a ball. Knowing YN would be worried about how he is I put the blanket back over him to make sure he stays calm. Dodger may be my dog but ever since YN met him he's been her dog through and through. I'm like chopped liver. Whenever YN's around Dodger completely forgets about me.

I can't help but love her caring manner with Dodger. Or the kids! God, she was so great with the kids. I never made a big deal about it but when she was the one that Stella went to when she got injured, I felt betrayed for a slight moment. Stella always came to me when she was hurt and I was around. But the way YN stepped in and took her to get cleaned up and cared for made my heart swell. YN may work hard but she is the most selfless person I know. I strip off my shirt and change into a pair of basketball shorts before climbing into bed. The moment I get comfortable YN rolls over and cuddles close to me. Nothing could wipe this smile off my face. This moment felt so pure.