Chapter 25- 4th of July Part 2

I was exhausted as I laid on one of the back patio chairs. Originally it was more like flag football since the kids wanted to play but as soon as they went off inside to help Carly we went and started playing real football. The only rule was don't cause harm intentionally.

"You did good YN!" David, one of Chris's cousins spoke as he patted me on the shoulder.

"Seriously, where did you learn how to play like that?" Michael (another one of Chris's cousins asked).

"Some of my friends and I would play football on the weekends during college since we weren't big on the part scene." It was awesome. I was on a team with David and Michael. Chris and Scott were on the opposite team. I was the only girl who played today but I kept up if not did better than some of the guys. Cough, Cough, Scott. Did I mention my team won?

"Here, you need this." Chris said handing me a cold rag and a water bottle.

"Thanks." I mumble before throwing the rag over my eyes as I lean back. I hear him chuckle. I was a mess though. I feel bad since now my clothes were dirty and I didn't bring a backup outfit. I hear footsteps walk away but a presence was still next to me.

"How you feel baby?" Chris whispers the last part in my ear.

"Hot, exhausted, starving." I feel him kiss the side of my head.

"We are about to eat some food. How about you drink that water before you go clean up? We don't need you passing out or getting Heat Exhaustion."

"Mkay." I mumble opening the water bottle blindly before drinking it quickly.

"How are you feeling YN?" I hear Scott ask as he walks over. I take the rag off of my eyes as I look at him with a slight glare.

"Fine. Just tired."

"I can't believe you tackled me."

"Please Scott, you weigh like 100 pounds and were in the way. What do you expect?"

"Scott, she got you what, 3 times?" Shana asked as she walked over to the seats with us. I held up 4 fingers.

"4 times I tackled him. It was soooo worth it."

"What do you want to eat baby?" Chris asked me as he stood up. I gave him a small smile. "Two hot dogs with Ketchup?" He asked remembering my favorite food at a barbeque. I nodded my head quickly.

"Yes please!!!" Chris walked away leaving Shana, Scott and I.

"You have that man wrapped around your finger." Shana almost sang as she spoke. I looked down at my hands trying to hide the smile. Stella came running over towards me and tried climbing up onto my lap. I picked her up setting her on my lap.

"How are you doing Stella?" I ask as I move the hair away from her face. She looked up at me with tears in her eyes and it broke my heart seeing her sad.

"I got a booboo." She showed me her elbow that was all cut up and lightly bleeding.

"How about we go clean that up before dinner?" She nodded her head before I lightly wiping her tears. I wrap my arms around her as I stand up.

"Do you want me to take her?" Shana asked as she too stood up ready to take Stella if need be. I shake my head.

"I got it; can you tell Chris I'll be right back." I then walk past them with Stella on my hip with her small hands trying to wrap around my neck. We make it into the house and to the bathroom.

"Stella, do you know where grandma keeps her first aid kit?" Stella pointed at the medicine cabinet. I opened it grabbing some alcohol wipes, band-aids and Neosporin. "This is going to hurt a bit, okay?" She nodded her head sniffling as I cleaned her up. Once everything was cleaned, I give her a quick hug. "You're super brave! Look at you didn't even flinch. Wanna get some food?" She nodded her head. I made sure we both washed our hands before going back out which she asked me to carry her and I happily agreed.

"Stella what happened?" Carly asked as she came over and took Stella from me. I smiled as she took Stella away and I walked back over to Shana, Scott and now Chris. I see my food in his hand and I quickly took the plate.

"Hey!" Chris looked up shocked. I gave a smirk as I sat down picking up the hot dog and taking a bite.

"Thanks! I really needed this."

"What's the plan for tonight?" Shana asked the two while I sit back and listen. I was enjoying the food way too much. I didn't realize how hungry I was. Thinking back on it now, I skipped lunch and my breakfast was only a piece of toast. Lack of eating with the full workout made me starving beyond recognition.

"Once it gets a bit darker the kids will do some sprinklers and maybe some very small fireworks that we bought at the grocery store. Mom said we could use the firepit if we want also." I hear them talking. This moment felt right. Even though I wasn't talking I was enjoying being around the people who love and care about each other.

~*~

It was now dark and the kids were in the house watching a movie or maybe even sleeping. It was almost midnight and everyone had left except for the immediate family. The group sat around the firepit. Small conversations were occurring while we all sat pack relaxing. I spaced off as I watched the fire. My body was sore and I was mentally exhausted. I sat back a bit more pulling my legs up against my body and I let my eyes close.

Movement is what brings me back to my senses. I open my eyes a bit and look up to see Chris carrying me. He looks down at me with a soft smile.

"Go back to sleep, we just got home." I closed my eyes resting my head back onto his chest and sleep came back really easily.

~*~

I wake up in a soft bed with warm blankets wrapped around me like I'm in a cocoon. I feel Chris's embrace around me and I lean back a bit into his embrace and close my eyes as I feel the comfort and I want nothing more than to lay here all day in his arms.

"Good morning." Chris's husky morning voice spoke as he kissed the top of my head.

"Morning, I don't want to get up."

"Movie day in bed? We can order pizza later if you want?"

"Please, I don't want to leave tomorrow to go back."

"I don't either but I also miss the group." I let out a hum in agreement as I snuggled closer to him.

We did exactly what we said we would. We binged the Divergent series since I wanted to and then afterwards, we watch Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast. Chris had ordered Pizza and Scott picked up Dodger since the two would be leaving today. It was nice to have alone time with Chris as we just spent time together relaxing.