Chapter 5-The Music Video

It's been a month since the crew had gotten together at Tom's house to celebrate and life has been hectic. Monica has me scheduled for Press, Charity events and I was asked by Adam Levine to be a part of his music video which was only a two-day event. Monica had been very kind to set me up with exposure and it was really adding to my following online.

Today I got to meet Adam Levine and the rest of the band from Marron 5. I was more than ecstatic. Adam made it very clear to dress casual for the shoot so I went with a pair of black jeans, boots, a blue top and a black leather jacket. It was one of my go-to outfits when I was out on an off day.

I got to the location and walked in to see a bunch of other women standing around chatting while the band was setting up in the middle. We were filming for their new song Girl Like You. I had listened to the song continuously since Monica told me I was going to be here so it made it a lot easier to know what kind of feel they were going for based off the lyrics. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I pulled it out.

C. Evans<3: Hey! How's your day going?

YN: Good, starring in a music video today. Super excited.

C. Evans<3: That's amazing! I almost forgot about that! Monica still keeping you busy?

YN: Yeah, I have this today and tomorrow then the 3 days off before I have charity work all next week. Don't get me wrong I'm thrilled to do charity but I've been going nonstop for 14 days and I need more than 3 off to recuperate.

C. Evans<3: I get that, Luke did that to me a lot when I first started out but trust me it's worth it! Eventually you'll be in a franchise and it will all pay off.

YN: Yeah, I just need to keep reminding myself that. How's your vacay?

C. Evans<3: I'll be here to remind you, trust me. It's good. I'll be here in Boston until shooting starts for the new movie.

YN: Damn, so you get 5 more months off?

C. Evans<3: Yeah, it's giving me much needed family time, and I am making up for my time away with Dodger.

YN: Aweeee, tell him hi for me. I need to get started; I'll message you later?

C. Evans<3: Okay! Have fun!

Adam let out a frustrated sigh as I put my phone away. I could tell something was bothering him so I walked over since everyone else was busy talking to others.

"Hey, Adam? Are you okay?" I ask walking over to him.

"No, Cardi B agreed to duet with me by rapping a verse but I guess the contract fell through, there is no way to do the video without her." Adam let out another frustrate sigh and paced back and forth while I could see him looking intensely trying to think.

"Hey, I'm sure you can think of something else. Is there anyone else who could do it for the song/video?" I was trying to help without overstepping. I see Adam look up and think for a second before speaking up.

"Maybe. Hey! *He shouted to everyone* Does anyone know the words to the song?" Everyone shook their head and I raised my hand looking down a bit sheepishly.

"I listened to the Demo you sent my agent Nonstop. I know the lyrics." I gave a sheepish smile as I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Can you rap?" Adam asked walking towards me now like a man on a mission.

"I think I can." I reply with a shrug, I had plenty of experience around the house but that didn't necessarily mean that I was good. Adam puts a finger real quick walking to the band. Moments later I hear the song play and Adam tells me to sing the verse when the time comes.