Chapter 37- Breakup to EMMY's Chris's POV

"Oh, go to hell Chris! There's nothing to explain you went out with Jenny and kissed her! I know it isn't some publicity stunt since it's on HER twitter account. If I haven't made it clear we're done. Now leave me alone." I felt my heart breaking as she said those words. I sat in my trailer staring off in space.

How am I supposed to fix this? It's been a couple of hours since Tom barged into the trailer. I tried ask him what was up but then he punched me right in the face. I have a black eye now. Though, I deserved it.

I wanted nothing more than to talk to YN. I didn't want to lose her but I had a feeling it was to late for that. I needed to give her time, even if it broke me in the process.

~*~

No one from Marvel has heard from YN since that day. She left for LA the next day and hasn't returned any of our calls or texts. Lizzie, Tom and Scarlett are freaking out worried that she did something unthinkable. Anthony, Seb and Robert seemed to be more reasonable. They knew that they couldn't force themselves back into her life until she was ready.

We were all gathered at my house here in Atlanta watching the VMA's. Well, everyone else sat around the couch and I sat in the back corner. No one is really talking to me since the incident. We've all basically became coworkers. There hasn't been much communication unless we were on set. The opening started and I could hear her voice before you could even see her.

YN's voice was angelic and she looked so relaxed and happy on that stage performing. It made me both happy and sad. My heart broke a bit seeing her there and not being supportive but I knew that this was all my fault and I deserve to feel this way. I was so happy and proud to see her performing in front of so many people though. I remember when she was so nervous to perform in front of the 10 of us at the studio.

The show conintued on at it was well planned though none of us were watching it for anyone other than YN. She sat at a piano for the second song. It was one I had never heard before but then I started listening to the lyrics.

"This is a story that I have never told, I gotta get this off my chest to let it go. I need to take back the light inside you stole. You're a criminal and you steal like you're a pro. All the pain and the truth I wear like a battle wound. So ashamed, so confused I was broken and bruised. Now I'm a warrior. Now I've got thicker skin. I'm a warrior. I'm stronger than I've ever been and my armor, is made of steel, you can't get in. I'm a warrior and you can never hurt me again. Out of the ashes, I'm burning like a fire. You can save your apologies, you're nothing but a liar. I've got shame, I've got scars. That I will never show I'm a survivor. In more ways than you know. 'Cause all the pain and the truth I wear like a battle wound. So ashamed, so confused I was broken and bruised. 'Cause now I'm a warrior. Now I've got thicker skin. I'm a warrior. I'm stronger than I've ever been and my armor, is made of steel, you can't get in. I'm a warrior and you can never hurt me again. There's a part of me I can't get back a little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once, I'll never be the same. Now I'm taking back my life today. Nothing left that you can say. 'Cause you are never gonna take the blame anyway. Now I'm a warrior. Now I've got thicker skin. I'm a warrior. I'm stronger than I've ever been and my armor, is made of steel, you can't get in. I'm a warrior and you can never hurt me again. No oh, yeah, yeah. You can never hurt me again."

Everyone sat quietly looking around at each other before all eyes fell on me. That song wasn't just about me but I knew that what I put her through was her tipping point and I knew it would take a miracle to get her back.

~*~

"Song of the year goes too.... YN YLN." Everyone in the room cheered and clapped even if she couldn't hear us; wasn't talking to us; we were still supporting her.

""Best new Artist goes to YN YLN!"

"Go YN!" Jeremy shouted standing and clapping. It made us all chuckle. I just wish she knew we were here for her.

About 30 minutes later she came back on stage for the final performance of the night. The song was very fun and I was shocked to see her performing with both the Chainsmokers and AJR. I didn't realize how involved and successful she was becoming and it just made me realize that I hadn't been as supportive as I thought I had been.

~*~

I don't go out much. I haven't had a reason to. Filming ended the weekend after the VMA's and I'm currently back in LA with Dodger. Dodger seems to be just as sad as me. YN loved him dearly and Dodger loved her. I lay in my bed wallowing in self-pity when I get a call. I immediately go to grab it hoping it's YN but I see its Seb.

"What?" I ask as I answer.

"You're coming to the Emmy's next week." Seb said on the phone.

"No, I'm not."

"It wasn't a question man. You're going even if it means we need to drag you out of that house."

"I'm not ready to face her." I grumble. I was afraid of how she would react if she saw me in person. Would she break down crying? Would she hit me? God knows I would deserve it. I didn't want to hurt her further.

"That sucks get a suit!" Seb stated before hanging up.

~*~

Today's the EMMY's. My anxiety hasn't been this bad since the night we went out as a cast and YN had given me her pen to draw with. Seb picked me up a bit later than normal. We knew she would be on time and I wanted to try and avoid her. I didn't need to ruin her night. This was a big deal to her.

I did find out on the way there that I wasn't the only one worried. It had been a month and no one had spoken to her. Everyone was nervous. Seb seemed a bit more relaxed about it but I didn't think much about it.

We pulled up and did the whole photos and interviews. I didn't smile much. I couldn't bring myself to. Once we were inside and seated Seb excused himself and everyone watched as he walked over to YN. She was bent over a bit and shaking. She was probably about to have an anxiety attack. I watched the interaction and it took a minute or two before she finally started talking. Everyone sat curious. Have they been talking the whole time?

The Tom walked over and spoke. Seb stood up gave a pat on Tom's shoulder and a nod to YN before walking back to our table. We watched as Tom stood there unsure. YN finally stood up stepped forward and wrapped him into a hug. I then watched her pull back and smack him. I heard him say OW from here. We all tried to hold back a laugh. They ended up sitting down and I watched her rest her head on his shoulder.

Some time passed and Seb told us she was meeting him for coffee tomorrow to talk about everything. It was a bit of a relief to hear that she was willing to talk to someone. I just wish she would talk to me about it.

"Tell her whatever she wants to know." I tell Sebastian honestly. He nodded his head and soon Tom and YN walked up the stairs to announce the winner.

"And the Award for best Actor in a Comedy series goes too..." Tom speaks as he opens the envelope. YN peaks over before answering.

"Jeffrey Tambor in Transparent!" Applause was heard and he makes his way up for a speech. They stand off to the side as he spoke. I watch YN as she scans the room a bit. She stops when she sees our table. I looked at her and I couldn't look away. I wanted to give her a smile but I couldn't fake it. I watch as she quickly looks away and Jeffrey finished his speech.