Chapter 41- Halloween Party

Like Sebastian told me Lizzie showed up my place exactly at 4.

"I'm not wearing that!" I tell her as she holds up the costume.

"Why not?" Lizzie was holding up a sexy white angel costume.

"I don't prefer to be anything slutty or sexy. I like to dress for fun not to show skin." I thought for a minute, was there something I could do with this or could I make something real quick? Lizzie noticed the expression on my face change.

"What are you gonna wear?" Lizzie asked already knowing where my mind is going. I went on to explain my idea and she nodded her head thinking it was a cool concept.

"Help me make it real quick?" With that we ran up to the spare room which had my sewing equipment and we got to work.

An hour and a half later the finishing touches were done to the costume. I had made a ghost referee. I put the shirt together while Lizzie had made the ghost flags in white, and yellow. I had a white and a black shirt that I had laid on top of each other cutting it into thick strips and sewing them together every other color. Once the shirt was alternating I made it a little bit longer than a crop top. When I cut off the bottom I made sure that the bottom had little points. I even sprayed some red food coloring on it for a blood substitute. Not an actual substitute! You know what I mean...

I was putting on my new costume while Lizzie put on hers. I had my shirt, black jeans, black tennis shoes. I ran to my swim equipment and found my whistle putting it around my neck. I threw my ghost flags in my jean pockets and met Lizzie in the bathroom as we got to work on our hair and makeup.

I teased my hair a bit with hairspray. It was still cute but a lot more out of control than I normally would have it. I put a light layer of white on my face adding shadows around the eyes and black lip stick.

I looked almost unrecognizable. Lizzie looked cute, she ended up earing the white angel costume. It looked great on her with the white boots, white fishnet tights and the halo bringing it all together.

"Thank you for your help." I told her as I finished doing her makeup.

"Of course! I'm just glad you're coming."

"Yeah, not by choice. I know that if I don't show up within the first hour Sebastian will be here with the group ready to kidnap me." Lizzie started laughing as we pictured what would happen.

"Well then, lets get going so he doesn't need to come kidnap you." With that I gave Loki his dinner, grabbed my purse and phone and headed out the door to the party.

~*~

The music could be heard outside with the doors closed. I was already getting a headache and wanted nothing more than to go home and watch Halloween movies in the living room with Loki sleeping on my lap. We walk in and I see everyone spread out, some are dancing, some talking, almost everyone has a drink in their hand.

I walk around and end up outside on the back patio. I knew I would need to socialize at one point but right now I just need to collect myself a bit better.

"I should have known that you would be out here." I hear Chris say from my left. I look over and give him a half smile. He was dressed up like Marty McFly from back to the future.

"I really don't want to be here. I don't know most of the people here, and it's a bit to loud even for my liking."

"Well how about this, we go inside, make rounds, then we can come back out here for an hour or so before we get you out of here?" I thought about it for a minute and realized it was a really good plan, I was still nervous though.