Chapter 44- The Evans Family Dinner

I was helping Lisa with cooking. Or, more like she was helping me as I made spaghetti and meatballs with homemade garlic bread. There was a slight awkward silence between us but nothing overly uncomfortable. Chris was with Shana, Scott, Carly and the kids in the living room.

"YN, I want to say that I'm sorry for Chris's behavior. I did NOT raise my son to lie and keep secrets." Lisa stated letting out a frustrated breath.

"Lisa, don't worry about it. I know he only did it with the best intention. We are working through it." I tell her placing my hand on her upper arm. Lisa took a step forward wrapping her arms around me.

"Thank you. You are the best thing that has ever happened to him and I don't want to see him throw it all away by being an idiot."

"He means a lot to me Lisa, I don't think I could ever just kick him out of my life."

"Do you love him?" Lisa asked me pulling away slightly. I give a soft smile and she knows exactly what I meant by it.

"Okay, Lisa, go spend some time with your kids and grandkids. I'll finish up dinner."

"Thanks dear." She leaned forward hugging me tightly whispering in my ear. "He loves you too." She pulled away heading into the living room with the others. I kept stirring making sure everything was cooking nicely.

15 minutes later I had the table set and the food placed. I walk into the living room to see Chris on the ground with Stella, Miles and Ethan on top of him giggling.

"Okay little munchkins. Dinners ready so how about you three got get washed up." I tell them scrunching up my nose as I smiled at them.

"Okay Aunty YN!" Stella said as she got off Chis and ran out the room. My mouth dropped, she actually called me Aunty? The two boys got up mumbling an okay as they followed Stella out of the room. I took a deep breath trying to compose myself hopefully the shock wasn't so exciting. The others went to the kitchen but Carly stayed behind.

"I'm sorry if I overstepped telling them to get washed up." She let out a small chuckle.

"You didn't if I had told them too we would have argued about it for 5 minutes at least before they did what they were told. They like you. Stella especially."

"I've noticed." I tell Carly with a smile as we walk into the kitchen.

"I hope you don't mind her calling you that. She just seems really fond of you."

"I don't mind, it's nice to be considered family." With that we all sat down and enjoyed the meal together.

~*~

I woke up the next morning to a knock on my door.

"Hmm?" I ask half awake. The door opens and I look to see Chris walking in with a tray.

"I brought you pesto eggs and some tea." I sat up hearing that and I smile.

"You brought me breakfast in bed?" I ask trying to hold in a yawn. Chris nodded his head setting the tray on the bed. "Thank you Chris. Though, I feel there is a reasoning behind it."

"Well, it's 11 and you weren't up yet. Which isn't normal for you. Plus, Andrea called and couldn't get ahold of you so she called me." My eyebrows shot up as I looked at him waiting for him to explain further. "Andrea and I know that December is a decently busy month, but apparently you are being asked to perform for in times square on new years eve."

"What?! They want me to perform? I'm not even that big. I haven't even done a tour yet. I mean sure I have a decent amount of people who have viewed my music but I don't sell albums like other bands do."

"They want you YN." Suddenly my nerves subsided. There is no way Chris would be making me food to butter me up for a job like this. So, what is it he really is doing?

"Chris?" I ask in a creepy calm voice.

"Yes?" He asked now nervous.

"What was it that you were really making me food for?"

"Well, they really want you, that wasn't a lie." He started to say as he rubbed the back of his neck. I tilted my head a bit looking at him. "It was a question I had for you actually?" I patted the bed in front of me as I crossed my legs.

"Sit down, take a deep breath, then talk to me. Just breath Chris." I tell him as I take a bite of food. "Hmm, this is really good, you made this?" I ask as I go to take another bite.

"Yeah, I'm helpless with most of cooking but I can make this. Anyway, I had two questions. One I remember you saying that you loved hockey. So, I was wondering if you wanted to drive in with me to Boston and see the Bruins?" I jumped out of bed.

"ARE YOU FOR REAL?!" Chris chuckled nodding his head. "OF COURSE I'D LOVE TO GO!" I jumped forward hugging him. I loved hockey just as much as I loved swimming. It was one of the only sports I watched other than football. "Wait who are they playing against tonight?" I ask now calming down and sitting back on the bed to eat the rest of my breakfast.

"The Knights." I made a face and Chris started laughing.

"What? It's going to be a rough game for the Bruins then. The Knights have only lost one game so far in the season." I tell him with a shrug. I could tell he was in awe hearing me saying that. If he wanted to I could break down the players stats to give the best outcome on the game. I would be amazing at betting if I ever wanted to get into that, but I don't.

"Okay, now, my second question. I realized you were busy with filming the show that you didn't have time to get a place in New York. If you want you are welcome to stay at my apartment there."

"Is that supposed to be a question?" I tease him a bit.

"Your welcome to stay there in December, my question was; if your comfortable of course. Would you want to live in the apartment with me from January until whenever we are done?" I thought about it, just for a moment. There were pros and cons to it and I wasn't sure it was the best choice. I also didn't want to give him an answer in a split second either.

"Can I think about it this week and let you know?" A reassuring look appeared on Chris's face. It was almost like he knew I was stressing about asking him that.

"Of course! You don't really need to give me an answer till Christmas! I'm not in a rush." I moved my food to the side before leaning in and giving him another hug. God, I missed being in his embrace. No! YN, stop thinking like that.

"Thank you, for everything." I pulled away and saw a genuine smile on his face. It wasn't something I had seen since our fight. He always gave a half hearted one, or a fake smile that everyone else thought was real. But in this moment I saw the goofiness in his eyes, I'm sure if he shaved id maybe even see his dimples. He stood up all of a sudden almost as if he was realizing something.

Chris walks out the room without saying anything. I eat my the pesto eggs questioning what happened when he walks in with a gift bag. I raise an eyebrow at him but accept the bag when he hands it to me.

"What's this?" I ask setting it in front of me, not opening it just yet.

"Open it." I pull out the tissue paper and pull out a Bruins jersey.

"Ohhh." I say admiring it, I turn it around. #33 Zdeno Chara, captain of the Bruins. "Thank you Chris, this means so much to me." I tell him as I hug the jersey.

"I figured you couldn't go to the game without some gear. We'll be heading out around 3, so make sure you're ready."

"I will be. Thanks!" I tell him as he gives a nod of the head and leaves the room closing the door behind him. Today is gonna be amazing!