Chapter 25- 4th of July Part 1

Dinner with Chris on Tuesday went really well. We spent the time on the drive back updating what had happened during our busy day and I found out Chris got the part in the Audition and would begin practicing in January. I gave him all the information that had occurred during meeting with Atlantic Records and he agreed with me that not signing was the right move. It made me feel good knowing that he had my back in my decision.

Today was the Fourth of July and tomorrow evening we would be flying back to Atlantia to get back into filming. Everyone is required to be on set of Sunday for a meeting on upcoming stunts and the trainers want to meet to see if our workouts need to be adapted due to the holiday. I mentally roll my eyes at the thought. I personally didn't need a lot of working out since neither myself or my character was intended to have muscle like the men but I still had to keep my 'curvy' figure in order to fit in the costumes properly.

"YN, are you ready?" Chris asked from upstairs. I grab Dodger's leash and getting him all ready as I yell back.

"I'm not the one still trying to decide what pair of shoes to wear!" I couldn't help but shoot back. Chris had changed his shoes 3 times trying to decide what looked best. I swear he was worse than me on that front. I had my ripped blue jeans with my red and white striped tank top planned and on since I got a shower this morning. To match I even had a pair of red white and blue stars on my white converse. Words couldn't even describe how nervous I was becoming. Sure, I knew the main family but there were going to be aunts and uncles. I think even Chris's Dad was going to show up.

We've been good about not making our relationship known to the world yet. We thought it would be best to keep it to ourselves. I mean between work, fans and all the hate I've been getting adding this information wouldn't benefit either of us at this moment. Even so, some of our close friends know. I know Chris told Seb, Anthony, and Scarlet. I told Lizzia, Lin and Hiddleston. Other than that, I don't think any of our other coworkers know. Chris's immediate family knows but the people we are meeting tonight don't.

The two of us decided it would be best to introduce me as his best friend. If anyone asked why I was there and not with family I would simply explain that I had no family left. Simple enough, right?

"How are you feeling about tonight?" Chris asked me as we got into the car.

"If I'm being honest, I'm actually excited for tonight!" I couldn't help it as my face lit up thinking about what would happen. Was I over thinking how things played out? Maybe. It didn't matter though I was going to meet Chris's nephews and niece which was one of the main reasons I'm so excited. They are Chris's whole word and he loves them dearly. Plus, with how much I hear about them I feel like I've known them since they were born.

"Good, I'm glad to hear that! Knowing past years, we probably will have the barbeque after a round or two of football. Which you do not have to play unless you want to!"

"I might play, it's been a while though since I have."

"You continue to amaze me." Chris replied glancing over towards me.

"You've still got a lot to learn about me Evans." I was playful with my comment even giving him a wink. We had yet to get intimate. Sure, we kiss and have cuddled on an occurrence but we weren't rushing that part since we wanted to get to know each other more. It also doesn't help that work has our schedules all over the place since he has to film way more scenes than I do. I looked back over towards him to see the smile creep up on his face.

"Are the kids going to be there tonight?" I ask before he can make a comment back.

"Yes, they will be there with Carly and her husband."

"Ryan, right?" I ask trying to rack my brain from all the conversations we have had.

"Yeah. I'm surprised you remember!" His voice showed just shocked he was.

"Of course, I remembered. Your family is important to you and I pay attention to those things!" It looked Chris was about to say something else but then realized we had pulled up to his mom's house. We got out and made our way to the door where Scott answered it before we were able to knock.

"Uncle Scoot! Is that Uncle Chris?" I watched as the young girl came running. I tried so hard to hold in the laugh as she called Scott Scoot. Chris himself had a giant smile trying so hard not to find that funny but failing miserably.

"Hey Stella Bella!" Chris said as he swept her off the ground as he walked forward.

"Uncle Chris!" Stella shrieked out of a bit of fear and happiness. She looked over his shoulder and saw me. "Uncle Chris, did you bring an angel?" Stella was so cute!

"Really, she gets called an angel but I get called uncle Scoot." Scott grumbles as he closed the door standing next to me. I lightly smack him in the arm as I give him a playful glare.

"Stella this is YN, my best friend!" I give a small wave as I look over at her. I watch her lean up to Chris's ear.

"She really, really pretty." I hear her try to whisper. I hear a stampede of tiny feet.

"Uncle Chris!" I watch as Miles and Ethan come running towards us and quickly hugging his legs.

"I can tell there are favorites with them." I say to Scott. I watch him roll his eyes.

"Don't remind me. I spend more time with them but the moment he walks through the door I'm not even here. Wanna get a drink? He's gonna be stuck with them for at least 10 minutes." I gave a soft shrug and a nod of the head. We walk into the Kitchen and I see the girls and Lisa standing there chatting.

"YN!" Carly said excitedly as she set her cup down and came over to hug me.

"Hey! It's good to see you again!"

"What would you like, YN?" Scott asked opening the fridge.

"Just a water please." Scott wiggled around before getting out a bottle and throwing it my way. I catch it easily.

"YN, this is my husband, Ryan. Ryan this is YN." He held out his hand and I quickly shook it.

"Nice to meet you, Ryan."

"Pleasure to meet you YN, I've heard a lot about you from Carly."

"Oh, really?" I look over at Carly who just has the most innocent smile

"Don't worry nothing bad."

"Glad to hear!" I felt arms wrap around my waist as I get pulled backwards a bit.

"I see you're already enjoying your time." Chris whispers into my ear. I look up behind me and nod my head quickly.

"I am! It's nice spending time with your family."

"Hey Chris! Football's about to start!" I hear someone yell from the backyard.

"Wanna play?" I think about it for a minute before moving out of his grip and grabbing a hair tie from my purse. I throw my hair into a ponytail.

"Game on Evans." I finally respond with a smirk.