Chapter Eight Three

"Wha-What the-?" Mineta rubbed his round eyes, shivers shooting up his tiny spine.

"Where did the cute girl go?" Kaminari backed away.

"Move!" Momo cried out.

Kirishima and Midoriya reacted fast enough, tackling their friends to the sidelines as the woman took off like a high-speed tire ripping through the air, aiming for class 1-A.

"What the hell-!?" Your classmates scattered, ignoring their confusion for now, and tried to focus on the issue at hand; not becoming roadkill.

"Hey-" Katsuki's voice pulled your attention. "-just stay behind me."

"What?" You dumbfound replied. Katsuki glanced over his shoulder to you.

"You think you're in a place to fight right now?" He nodded downward; your furrowed brow followed his gaze. You lifted your hands to see they were still shaking uncontrollably.

"I-" You tried to say, flashes of the kids you trained with strolled through your mind like a flipbook on repeat. The warmth of their blood still lingered over your skin.

"You don't have to make up excuses." Katsuki cut, "You went through hell, we can see that more clearly now, plus that damn Jell-O freak did a number on you. You need time to bounce back and that's what you'll do. So just stay outta my way so I can protect you!"

"How can you fight that thing without your quirk?" You retorted, stepping forward.

"(y/n)-!" Katsuki snapped, turning from the loud commotion of your class drawing the villain's attention onto them and off you and Katsuki. "-just-" He growled, looking away for a moment. "-let us be the ones to cover you."

"Kats-"

"Fucking listen for once!" Katsuki marched forward, roughly placing a hand behind your neck pulling you into a kiss. "Stay back and out of the way!"

"I can help-"

"No-" Katsuki shook his head, "-you can't, and that's...that's ok. You don't always have to be the strong one (y/n). I am here, I can be strong enough for both of us."

"But-" You went to say before a red flying blur cut you off. "-Kiri!" You called, seeing him slowly picking himself off the floor, pieces of the wall crumbled around him.

"We could use some help over here Bakugo!" Kaminari called out.

"They're fucking useless!" Katsuki cursed. "I mean it (y/n)-" He pointed, "-stay back!" He turned on his heel running full force towards the villain to join the fight.

You rolled your eyes, well clearly you weren't going to do as told.

Kneeling to the ground you placed your hands flat against the cool stone floor.

Katsuki was annoyingly right, you weren't in a place to fight. You could feel the fingerprints Shadow Jack left on you burning holes in your back. You could feel the fallen kids you failed to save breathing down your neck. Your body refused to stop trembling.

You licked your lips, still remembering Katsuki's kiss lingering.

You opened your eyes assertively looking at the fight. You may be down, but you sure as hell weren't out.

Before you could frost the ground in ice, a loud explosion echoed through the room. With wide eyes you locked onto him, his ash blond air caught your eye. Midoriya zoomed by in a green flash, as Shoto ignited his flames.

You felt your lip's part, feeling astonished. You spent years locked inside those collars but could barely squeeze your quirk through the restraint. But these kids did it in mere minutes.