Chapter Fifty Six

"(y/n)!" A quavering voice called out your name.

You lazily turned around, seeing Awase Yosetsu from Class B marching over. Yui was trailing on his trail with Neito following as he whined, annoyed his classmates were interacting with Class A.

"Hm?" You hummed as a response. Awase stopped abruptly, quickly bowing before you.

"I'm sorry!" He announced.

You blinked, glancing around not understanding what was happening.

"Ah...what?" You laughed. Awase quickly stood upward.

"Yui explained what happened to you and her during the villain attack at the summer camp." Awase explained.

"Ok...?" You trailed off.

"I had the displeasure of facing the Nomu with those chainsaw arms-" Awase pulled his eyes to the ground. "-it almost killed me and Yaoyorozu, if-if I had just been able to take it down then maybe you and Yui wouldn't have-"

"I didn't know you went up against that Nomu!" Toru butted in, focusing on Momo.

"I-" Momo allowed her hair to cover her eyes as she filled with disappointment and regret. "-I didn't want anyone to know about my failure."

"Failure?" You asked. "What-?"

"Awase is right-!" Momo snapped. "-we were being chased by that...that thing and it almost killed us. But you-" She turned to you; "-you were able to defeat it."

"Yeah, it almost killed me." You joked.

"It was going to kill us." Awase clarified. "We were seconds away from death, but it just randomly stopped out of nowhere!"

"From what Awase says-" Yui stepped in, "-I think the villains could control it, they pulled it from attacking the camp randomly and sent it to us."

"Why?" Toru wondered.

"Well-" Yui took a guess, "-we did kill one, and was about to take the second one down."

"Whatever the case-" Awase stepped forward. "-forgive me!" He bowed again.

"Ah-" You felt uncomfortable. "-I don't have to forgive anyone."

"Wha-!?" Awase snapped upward.

"It's not your fault." You explained further. "It's not anyone fault, I'm not mad you and Momo didn't kill it when it was targeting you. I'm just happy you two survived."

"(y/n)!" Momo breathed, tears forming in her eyes as she wrapped her arms around you. "You have no idea how much this relives me!"

"I'm still sore." You groaned against her hug.

"Oh!" Momo quickly pulled away. "Right-!" She laughed; "-I forgot I'm sorry-"

Suddenly you lifted your hands, pushing Momo by her shoulders she stumbled backwards against Awase, who blushed at the contact.

You spun on your heel, turning your body in time to sidestep the blade rushing past your head. Your eyes narrowed locking onto a black cloaked figure, your cheek burned as a line of hot blood trickled down your face from the cut on your cheek.

Your fingers instantly reached for the holster on your leg, pulling out a blade of your own you blocked the second figure, clashing metal the ringing stung your ears.

"(y/n)!" Midoriya tried unsuccessfully to push his way towards you.

It wasn't just you being attacked, masked figures rained down onto the waiting students.

Rotating your shoulder, you dodged the masked figures sleek blade. From the corner of your eye, the surrounding students were also being ambushed. Why weren't the alarms sounding off? Had these intrudes somehow knocked out the alarm systems? Where was Aizawa and all the other UA teachers?

The figure flipped in the air, using its hidden leg to send you flying backwards.

"(y/n)!" Bakugo watched the dust clear, you laid on your back slowly rotating onto your side. Your body felt like it was being drenched in gasoline and ignited on fire. "Get out of my way!" Bakugo sneered at the four figures dressed in black cloaks who stood in his path to you.

You opened your eyes, they instantly widened in surprise. You swiftly acted, rolling to the side a masked figure brought a sword down, it crumbled the cement beneath it. You leapt to your feet, only to be greeted by three more intruders.

"Who the fuck-!?" You sucked in a breath as your leg cried out in pain, this wasn't the time for questions. Those can be asked later after your classmates are safe.

You jumped left, then right dodging two figures as you questioned to use your quirks or not. Jumping backwards away from the sharp blades all inching to cut you, you realized these people were striking to kill.

You bit down on your jaw feeling the slicing of your arms flesh, pain racked your tired nerves.

Fine. Anger filled your bones.

You looked up with narrowed eyes.

Fuck it.

If these intruders weren't holding back, neither would you.

It was like a switch was flipped on. You stood, grabbing kunai from one of the holsters on your leg and flung them without regret. You watch them soar into the chests of your targets, the masked figures dropped to the ground with a 'thud'.

Without so much as a glanced to the four men you just killed, you turned ready to do pest control on the USJ.

One, two, three, five more figures dropped by your hand.

Asui and Kaminari stared confused at their opponents lying motionless on the ground.

From the corner of your glowing rimmed eyes, a figure dropped beside you. Using your elbow, you slammed it upward into its face. You watched as the mask crumbled under the force, your eyes widened in surprise seeing none other than Ectoplasm staring back at you.

"(y/n)!" Aizawa called out, you turned your head, seeing one of Ectoplasm's clones behind you already swinging his sword.

Class A and B stared in horror as the blade sliced through your torso.

"You keep your wind quirk active while in battle-" Ectoplasm analyzed, "-so you can't sustain any damage."

"Why are you-?" You questioned why the pro-hero attacked you and the other students.

"You were striking to kill." Ectoplasm accused as Aizawa walked over. "I thought we talked about this; heroes do not kill-"

"Maybe that's why the world is going to shit." You responded.

"Not this conversation again." Aizawa sighed rubbing his face.

"When in combat, you cannot strike to kill your opponent-" Ectoplasm lectured.

"I only started to eliminate the enemy when you started hitting to kill first." You pointed. "I didn't know it was you, it could have been villains getting inside USJ again."

"You would have killed people-"

"How many innocent people are going to die for you to realize your cookie cutter prospects don't work!? Some people just have to die."

"Your reaction time is slower." Ectoplasm turned the conversation.

"She is injured-" Aizawa defended.

"She was worse when I last evaluated her." Ectoplasm blankly explained.

"What do you mean by evaluate?" Mina wondered as the two classes made their way to where you and the two pro-heroes stood.

"I was the one who gave (y/n) her exam to enter UA." Ectoplasm answered.

"Really!?" Toru gasped.

"You have gone soft." Ectoplasm towered over you. "Perhaps UA is making you weak."

"Ectoplasm." Aizawa stated, daring him to speak further. This was not a conversation to have in the middle of a courtyard with dozens of students watching with wide hungry eyes.