Chapter Twenty Four

You opened your eyes in time to watch Cementos and Midnight began to end the match between Midoriya, and Shoto. Your face felt warm, you slowly lifted your head but froze seeing you were leaning against Bakugo, who slowly looked down at you with a blank stare on his face.

"What did I miss?" You wondered slowly sitting up.

"They are going to kill each other!" Ochaco cried out.

"Exciting." You replied leaning back in your seat, a deep chuckle rang in your ear. Looking over at Bakugo you could have sworn it came from him, but he appeared to be ignoring you.

"What!?" He snapped feeling your gaze. "What the hell are you looking at!?"

"Thank you for not waking me up." You flashed a smile, shocking Bakugo.

"Well-" He said looking away from you, hiding a light blush on his face. "-I want to beat you when you're at your strongest so...shut up about it!"

You watched the light show between Midoriya and Shoto and the teachers were losing control. As the two students collided a shock wave was sent out into the stands.

You had to shut your eyes due to the stinging pain. The wind felt like needles against your skin as you shield your face, after a second a warmth you didn't recognize covered your body and the pain was lifted. You opened your eyes to see Bakugo had covered you with his body blocking you from the blast.

"Bakugo..."

"This is crazy!" Your classmates behind you called, Mineta went flying.

"What is happening down there!?" Momo called as she took over behind the seats.

"What happened just now?" President Mic called after the shock wave deceased. "What the heck is up with your students!?"

After the smoke cleared, you could see Midoriya falling against the wall.

"There-!" Midnight breathed, "- Midoriya is...out of bounds, Todoroki advances to the next round!"

After more matches concluded, and more people were dropped out of the competition you groaned.

"Well-" You stood, "-looks like I'm next." You go to walk away but Bakugo stops you from leaving.

"Hey dumbass-" He called, turning you to him. "-you better not get your ass kicked out there-" Bakugo glares, "-I want to be the one to beat you!"

"Yeah-Yeah." You waved him off.

"Hey!" Bakugo shouted, "Don't brush me off like I am a damn extra!"

"In my world-" You looked over your shoulder to him, "-you are." You smirked at his stunned face, using this chance to slip away and get to your waiting room.

"GET BACK HERE YOU-!" Bakugo's voice rocked the stadium. You laughed at yourself, finding the correct room you had to wait in.

You opened the door, your smile dropped seeing his long hair.

"(y/n)." Aizawa nodded to you.

"Mr. Aizawa?" You said, "Is everything ok? Why are you down from the-?"

"I figured-" Aizawa sighed "-you should get some words of encouragement before you go out there."

"All Might's really not happy I am here." You sighed.

"True." Aizawa nodded, "I can understand why-" He said, "-but I can also understand why you wanted to compete."

"You do?"

Aizawa nodded, "I didn't announce your past in front of everyone for my benefit." Aizawa leaned against the table.

"If you didn't announce it to one up Vlad King then why-?"