Chapter Ten

Today you finally got to eat inside the grand mess hall! Your brain was blown away at seemly endless options of delicious food you could choose from. All Might was pulled away for a faculty meeting and could not eat with you that day but you did not mind that.

Lunch was officially your favorite time of school.

After gathering enough food to feed three people you made your happy way in search of a table. After a few seconds of looking around to find a place to eat, your heart skipped a beat locking eyes with your classmates who mostly gathered around a large white table chatting. You and Jiro clashed eyes, after a moment she glanced away pretending not to notice you.

Your face felt flushed as you quickly moved away from the groups of friends who all sat together.

Finding an empty table in the corner of the room, you settled down and began munching. Glancing over your shoulder you stole a peak of your happy classmates.

You didn't feel they liked you very much.

Why would they?

You were a broken tool, who couldn't even do what she was trained to do. The only time you were ever useful was when you were a human battery.

Shiro and Gray jumped at the first chance they got to get away from you.

You have been locked inside a cold shoebox for most of your life and yet here you now sit, in a room crowded with people and you have never felt lonelier.

----

After another quiet lunch alone, your classes had their sparring training sessions today. Once again you were placed on the sidelines, you felt the distain eyes of your classmates. You could hear them muttering, why were you even in their class if you weren't going to train?

Aizawa watched with the sleepy dull expression that was always on his face.

You observed your classmates as they sparred with one another.

Hanta Sero, the young hero who could shoot tape from his elbows was up against Mashirao Ojiro, who had an insanely strong tail at his disposal were fighting each other.

You leaned against your arm feeling sleepy, fighting back the urge to yawn. The last thing you needed was to make the class who already didn't like you think you were rude while yawning during their match. You felt yourself walking on eggshells when you were at this school.

Was this how high school was supposed to be?

It was terrible.

Ojiro won the fight.

The class clapped and cheered both boys on. You watched seeing how they supported each other, win or lose. You wondered if you could ever be like those people, who laughed so freely and held connections to others so openly.

How did people do it?

You gazed at the ground, recalling back to the television shows you binged watched while in the hospital. How did they do it? Just walk up and randomly talk to another person as if that was normal?

"Alright-" Aizawa called, "-that's enough for one day."

"Hey Mina-!" Ochaco called over to the pink girl, "-you wanna go shopping-!?"

All Might's voice bounced around uninvited around your head, encouraging you to stand up and make an effort.

"You miss one hundred percent of the shots you don't take!" All Might's advice had you quickly jumping to your feet before you knew what you were doing, you were walking over to the closest girl: Kyoka Jiro.