Chapter Thirty One

You yawned, slowly looking around the hotel room feeling lethargic. You let out a slow stretch as you rolled over onto your other side starting at the television. Your eyes puffy from crying and your head throbbed in pain.

Emotions were gross.

All Might had left to go to his meeting, leaving you all alone with your irritating racing thoughts. All Might really wanted to become your...father.

You sat up, that was a strange concept for you. Your biological father sold you off when you were just a kid, your mother was glad to see you go, that meant she could get away from him. Ever since then...the thought of family really didn't mean much to you...could that possibly change now?

You licked your dry lips as you heard your phone ding.

That was odd.

The only phone numbers you had were your classmates, and they should all be at their internships unable to be on their phones. You lazily reached for the cell phone lying on the table next to the hotel bed. You scratched your shoulder seeing it was from Midoriya, you tilted your head seeing it was just his location. You only knew this because of Bakugo who rudely taught you how to do this.

You shot him a text, asking him what the random message was about but when he didn't reply after a couple of seconds you sat up getting a sour feeling in your gut.

You called All Might who wasn't picking up, probably in a meeting or something. All Might has a lot of business meetings he had to attend, he made being a pro-hero look almost boring.

"Hm." You pulled your lips into a thin line, wondering what you should do.

----

You looked around the starry night street, the air was chilled as you shoved your hand in your pocket looking for warmth while the other held your phone as you followed the GPS to the location Midoriya had sent. You modernly knew him, he wasn't the type to randomly send locations like this, or not reply.

You rounded the corner and followed what felt like a maze leading down into a dark area. The darker it got the more the air on the back of your neck rose, something wasn't right. Every fiber of common sense you held was screaming at you to turn around and go find a pro-hero to deal with this mess.

Lurking around in the creepy shadows buildings cast was not your job anymore.

A loud BOOM rocked the sleeping buildings around you, setting you off into a sprint by pure reflex. Once you rounded the next corner you came face to face with the cause of the commotion.

You reached out without thinking, shooting ice forward, blocking a man from striking down Shoto who was about to slice off his left arm.

"What?" Shoto breathed shocked turning his head, "(y/n)?"

"What are you doing here!?" Midoriya breathed, his eyes wide as he looked paralyzed on the ground. Under different circumstances, that would have been funny. "You have to run!"

You turned from looking at your classmates to the man standing yards away glaring at you with odium swirling in his eyes.

"Chizome-?" You found yourself calling, your brows knitting together in confusion. The three heroes in training's eyes widened. "-you're this so-called hero killer?"

"(y/n)?" Ida, covered in fresh blood breathed struggling to move. "What are you doing here-?"

You raised your hand, revealing your cell phone with Midoriya's location.

"Figured something was going on." You replied, positing yourself to stand beside Shoto.

"You came just in time." Shoto muttered, glancing from you then to the Hero Killer.