Chapter Thirty Seven

The rest of the national fitness day went on to be uneventful for you. After being held up in Recovery Girl's office for an hour, and now sporting a freshly wrapped arm, you were free to rejoin your class in the rest of the planned activities.

You held an apple in your right hand, listening to Mina when you saw him walking past you with Kirishima on his tail. Instantly you felt your face drop. Bakugo and you clashed eyes, you kept your face still, hiding the pain you felt inside your chest. You looked away from him, there was nothing left to say, he said it all for the both of you.

Bakugo took the small window he had after you glanced away to gaze at your left side. He was the cause of that...his stomach twisted seeing the blood staining through the white gauze...

The rest of the week passed by in a blaring wave of pure boredom.

Was this what high school really was?

It was very repetitive.

You woke up, ate, went to school. Chatted with classmates, awkwardly sat behind Bakugo as the two of you bluntly ignored each other. Lunch, training, classes, go home and repeat it all over again.

But it was finally the weekend, All Might was with his agency for the day, so you were free to do whatever you wanted. After a quick shower, a change of clothes and wrapping your arm back up you kicked on a pair of shoes and grabbed a bag filled with snacks and water. The last thing you grabbed before leaving the house was a map of the town.

Today you wanted to be outside, in the bright sun hiking.

Perhaps getting some fresh air would help ease the weight that was sitting on your chest. You didn't know why Bakugo's words hit so hard, but you couldn't shake them.

Killer.

Scum.

A piece of you still believed his words were true, but thanks to your sessions with Dr. Aimi you didn't believe it as much. You took a deep breath as you found yourself stepping onto a rocky path headed into the forest. The plan was to go up the mountain and get a good view for the lunch you packed.

You loosely tied your hair back, so it was out of the way. The sun shined down, baking you with its rays, the fresh air was nice as you listened to the light sounds of birds chirping.

You researched the trail you were on; it was a popular one but it was early in the morning so there wasn't anyone else around. You enjoyed the moment alone.

After an hour and a half of hiking up the trees, you stopped to take in the sight. You breathed in feeling at peace gazing at the tops of trees all blended with the morning sky, it was a sight of beauty. One you didn't know could exist. A moment later you heard the gravel footsteps of another person, it sounded like they were going down so you would only have to deal with them for a moment.

Maybe give a polite wave or smile, you turned your head only to feel your body freeze.

There, dressed in a red hoodie and pants holding a bookbag on his back stood your oh so loving classmate.

You turned your head forward, not giving Bakugo another second of your time. He just has to walk down the mountain and this encounter will be over in like three seconds. You heard him begin to walk again, your muscles were on edge as he passed behind you. For a moment you wondered if he would try to push you off this mountain.

"(y/n)-" Bakugo's deep voice shattered the thin peace. You pulled your lips into a tight line hearing him.

'Fuck.' You thought as you turned your head.