Chapter Twenty One

You skidded to a halt, taking in slow breaths to steady your breathing you overlooked the second stage called 'The Fall' which made the trench you created to set students back look like a skip and a hop.

"How did I not hear them making this?" You wondered,

"It looks like Shoto Todoroki is still skating by easily!" President Mic announced, you rolled your eyes at the word play since Shoto was using ice to skate over the lines that hooked pieces of earth still hovering near the surface. You pulled your lips into a thin line, before jumping into the open space.

"What on earth is (y/n) (l/n) doing!?" President Mic called sounding almost panicked, but before you could fall to your death, your feet touched an invisible floor. You'll have to use your wind quirk to get through this stage, it was the easiest for you to control. You hopped through the empty spaces, using solid pieces of air to step on. "Look at (y/n) (l/n) hop through-"

You glared at a nearby camera bot, President Mic has terrible puns!

From above you heard Bakugo's loudmouth.

"You suck!" He shouted at Shoto, aimed for him. You kept your eyes forward, focused on getting through this stage.

"The leader is putting distance between him, and the students stuck at the fall! It hasn't been announced how many competitors will make it through to the next round, so there is no time to relax!"

After getting through The Fall without dying you took off into a run, the side with his red hair could be spotted. You were catching up while trying not to egret yourself to hard.

"And now we are finally approaching the last obstacle. Everyone better tread carefully, you're stepping onto an active minefield!"

"You have got to be kidding." Shoto said, you and him reaching the last stage near the same time.

"If you look carefully, you can see where those little bombs are buried. So, keep your eyes on the ground folks!"

"They are trying to kill us." You muttered looking at the hundreds of little holes in the dirt.

"By the way, those land mines are designed for the games, so they might be loud and flashy, but they are not all that powerful."

"Well, that is comforting." You nodded, knowing you weren't about to be blown into pieces as you took your first step into the dirt.

You weren't sure if your air quirk would work around this stage.

Granted your body was turned into air, you still applied pressure onto the ground. If you set one of those off it could still blow you away, even more so if you were made of air.

"Ah!" You quickly glanced behind you, watching a student get blown into the air.

You and Shoto slowly made your way through the minefield while others were quickly catching up.

You and Shoto turned hearing an explosion, and a blond flying over the field.

"Ha-Ha!" Bakugo laughed, "It's over bastard! Your declaration of war was the to wrong person!" He attacked Shoto, the two of them began to fight dancing around the land mines.

"Just like that a new student takes the lead-!" President Mic stirred the crowd, "Hey-Hey! The rest of the competitors are catching up too!" You quickly looked behind you and saw Ida was blaring through the field using his engine, the girl with vines for hair was also catching up with your class. Your muscles tensed feeling the opponents getting too close for comfort. "Can our two leaders fight and stay in front of the competition at the same time!?"