Chapter Eighteen

It was Friday with school just getting out for the day. You and All Might haven't spoken in three days, and today he was out of town for a meeting for his agency. He was unsupportive and harsh towards you...but you still missed your dinners, your late-night movies with popcorn...

You were excited for after school, today you were supposed to 'hang out' with Mina.

You have never hung out with anyone before, and you couldn't even talk to All Might about it...

"I wish I could come..." Midoriya's voice pulled you from your thoughts, "...but I have to meet Midnight in twenty minutes."

"You are meeting Midnight!?" Mina jumped, "What for!?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

"No-Nothing like that!" Midoriya blushed seven shades red. "I-I got detention and as our punishment-"

"Don't tell me you were the third idiot involved in the fight with Bakugo!" Mina lectured.

"Ye-Yeah..." Midoriya muttered, rubbing the back of his neck.

"What do they have you doing?" Ochaco wondered.

"No idea." Midoriya shrugged, "I just know we have to meet at the gardeners shed for shovels."

"Shovels?"

"Yeah, it's kinda weird...but I hope you guys have fun!"

"Oh, we will!" Mina laughed, "We will see you Monday to get ready for the festival!"

"Let's do our best!" Midoriya grinned.

"Yeah!" Mina laughed turning to face you. "So, don't be mad!"

"Mad?"

"I know I said it would be just you and I, but I was talking to the other girls, and they wanted to join too so I said it was ok, please don't be mad!"

You blinked, looking over Mina's shoulder seeing Ochaco, Jiro, Momo and Asui standing around.

"Oh." You spoke. "Ok."

"Y-You're not mad?"

"No." You shrugged, "I didn't think they would want to-"

"Of course, we want to hang out with you!" Momo walked over,

"Alright-!" Mina cheered, "-let's go shopping and then get some really good food!"

You liked the food part.

Mina and the other girls took you to their favorite hangouts, dragged you into a few stores before finally feeding you at a brightly colored café where the sweets were to die for.

The day flew by and before you knew it, it was growing dark. Everyone had to get home before their parents killed them, you gave a fake smile at the joke as everyone said goodbye.

You weren't excited to go home, there was no one waiting for you there.

You kind of knew how to get to All Might's house if you got to the small blue grocery store that was close to home. Momo knew what place you were talking about and explained directions.

Asui was nervous about you walking home alone, without you knowing the area but you waved them off. How hard could it be to maneuver your way home?

After two hours...

You were lost.

You tried to back track your way to the café where you parted ways with the girls to try again but failed miserably. You groaned feeling the rumble in your stomach as every building looked foreign while nothing around felt familiar.