Chapter Sixty Four

Taking in a deep breath, filling your lungs to their capacity you leaned against your closed bedroom door. After Mr. Principle and the two police officers left you turned to go upstairs only to find a handful of your classmates were eavesdropping on the conversation and had learned things about you you wished remained hidden.

You bypassed them without a word and went directly to your new dorm room.

Thunder crackled outside, pulling you from your thoughts you rubbed your tired face.

A million questions floated around your mind. What were they going to think, what would they say next time they see you? Would they act differently? Would Mina still want a monster as her friend?

Would he look at you differently?

Of course he would.

You reached your hand up, brushing your fingers over your neck, feeling the soreness around each of your very first hickies. You opened your eyes, pulling your thoughts out of the muggy dark waters of your mind as your flicked on the bright blue warmer which acted more as a nightlight than a candle warmer.

You told yourself there was nothing you could do today, maybe after a few hours of sleep you would have a clearer head and know how to approach your classmates in the morning.

You took three steps towards your bed before the crackle of lightning and thunder rocked through your bedroom, standing your nerves on edge as the power flickered off leaving you in utter darkness.

Your eyes were wide staring at the pitch-black room.

Your heart instantly began to panic as your hands scrambled through the annoying sheets of your bed searching for your phone. The hair on your neck stood upward, your mind raced throwing darts into your line of thought, forcing you to picture the darkness twisting into Shadow Jack, reaching out towards you.

Finally, your hands wrapped around your phone. You grabbed it slamming your fingers against the side button trying to bring it to life, you needed the relief of the bright screen but your heart sunk realizing the cell phone was dead, useless to you.

You could hear faint bickering. You forgot about your worries with your classmates, you spun on your heel and instantly began to run down the hallway following their voices. You didn't want to be alone in the dark.

With the elevators down, you had to take the stone staircase. Every few steps your eyes snapped to the corners of the stairs. The darkness twisted reaching out threatening to engulf your sanity.

"What the hell is this!?" Kaminari whined, your breathing labored with your pounding heart as you felt heat collecting around your skin as you walked into the common area where some of your classmates were standing around, shining their beacon of light easing your tense muscles.

"Looks like the storm knocked out the power." Ida figured, looking out the window hearing the pounding rain.

"What are we gonna do!?" Toru shuttered.

"There is nothing we can do right now." Shoto answered. "I called Mr. Aizawa, he said the teachers will come out in the morning to inspect the power box but until then we are to stay inside and try to go to bed."

"I hate this!" Mina whined.

"What the hell is all the noise for-!?" His deep voice was scratchy, "-all your damn commotion woke me up!"

"The power is out Bakugo!" Sero said.

"No shit!" Bakugo snapped, "It's one little storm, you heard Aizawa they will get it fixed in the morning. Until then shut up and go to bed-!"