Chapter Seventeen

Bakugo observed remaining silent, he was almost taken back by your assertiveness. You always seemed to be timid and a little shy, so what the hell was this just now?

"Let me take a wild guess why you're here-" Locking eyes with purple hair you placed your hands in your jacket pockets, "-you wanted to be in the hero course, but you didn't make the cut. I might be a bit new to the scene here but since all courses can participate, if you do well in the festival than that would give you a chance to move up from whatever sad course you had to fall back on, tell me, am I barking up the right tree?"

"Damn..." Kirishima breathed.

"You pretty much hit it on the nail-" Purple hair smirked, enjoying your spit fire. "-you missed the part which says if one of us gets moved into the hero course, that would mean they will have to transfer people out to make room."

"Tch." Bakugo rolled his eyes.

"Scouting the competition?" Purple hair copied Bakugo's words, "I'm sure some of my peers are but I am here to let you know if you don't bring your very best, I'll steal your spot right from under you. Consider this a declaration of war."

"Who is this guy!?" Midoriya muttered to Ida who looked just as shaken as Midoriya.

"Hm." You smirked, looking back at purple hair. "That all you got?"

"Wh-"

"If you're going to come into someone's class and declare-what was it again? War? You better come with something better than some sad speech that sounds like you pulled it from a third-grade play." You snapped,

"You're just a bunch of brats who think you're better than us!" A kid with silver hair shouted, "You can spout all the insults you want it's just going to be more embarrassing for when your KO'd!"

Your stomach grumbled causing you and Bakugo to glance at each other. Bakugo sighed, grabbing your shirt and pulling you through the crowd.

"Hey where are you guys going!?" Kirishima stepped forward, "You have to say something!"

"Why?" You wondered, glancing back at the redhead.

"It's Bakugo's fault they are all hating on us now!"

You sucked in a breath of air to respond but before you could Bakugo did.

"These people don't matter." He said,

"Huh?" You found yourself asking with Kirishima.

"The only thing that's important is that I beat them." Bakugo replied.

"The fuck-?" You shook your head; you were defending your class when you stepped up, but Bakugo is just talking with his ego.

Your stomach growled out again, Bakugo glanced from you then back to your shared classmates. He didn't loosen his grip on your shirt sleeve as he pulled you through the crowd.

"Hey-!" The silver haired boy snapped, "-I'm coming for you!"

"I hate that was such a manly exit!" Kirishima cried.

"You do know you just made our entire class a target, right?" You asked Bakugo after rounding the corner away from the group of riled students.

"Yeah-" Bakugo let go of your arm, "-and?"

"Nothing." You shrugged, realizing this was the longest conversation you had with this fiery blond. "I have never been the target before." You smirked, your competitive side showing.

"Hm." Bakugo hummed, studying you from the corner of his eye.

He couldn't get a read on you.