Chapter Sixty Six

The reasoning behind the teachers wanting the students to return to their homerooms was to announced in a few short weeks UA high school would be holding the school festival. You watched as your classmates cheered, happy it wasn't being canceled due to the high villain activity.

After the class was excused, Aizawa held you back. The two of you remained silent until everyone was out of the room and the door was shut.

"How's the leg?" Aizawa asked.

"Uh, it's fine." You answered, knowing the condition of your leg was not the reason you were being held after class. "Everything ok?"

"I was hoping All Might would be here with me-" Aizawa sighed, "-but he is stuck in traffic."

"Ok...?"

"Officer Maeda called me." Aizawa explained, "I wish All Might and I could have been there when you were interviewed-" That's a word for it... "-I'm sorry we werent."

"What is going on?"

"It's Shadow Jack."

"D-Did he escape?" You asked, your stomach sinking into your gut.

"No." Aizawa shook his head, "Nothing like that."

"Ok." You breathed feeling relieved. "Then what is-?"

"Officer Maeda has been tasked with interrogating Shadow Jack about his operation."

"Ok?"

"We seem to believe that Shadow Jack had more than just the one warehouse you were held in."

"You mean...there are others?"

"It's a strong possibility."

"What does this have to do with me?"

"Shadow Jack will only disclose the location of the other warehouse to...you."

"Me!?"

"Yes."

"I-"

"I know." Aizawa soft replied, reaching out and touching your shoulder. "This is a lot to ask of you, but you won't be alone, All Might and I will be right there with you."

"I-I..."

"What if you were still one of those kids locked up?" Aizawa asked,

"I would still be praying for a miracle." You whispered.

"You could be their miracle." Aizawa said, "Shadow Jack is going to be restrained, in a locked room and to top it off there are going to be guards as well as All Might and myself. He won't be able to touch you."

"When would we...?"

"The day of the school festival."

"What!?" You snapped your head up, "But I-"

"I know." Aizawa breathed, "It's not fair to ask you to miss something like this, but this is the only day we can line everyone up."

"Fine." You looked to the floor, feeling your chest deflate.

"You're doing the right thing."

"I know." You looked away; you always did the right thing...

----

After getting more details from Aizawa, you were allowed to return to the dorms to enjoy the rest of your night.

"Hey-!" You were greeted with a mixture of voices, "-didn't you accidentally admit your parents made you take music classes when you were a kid!?" Kaminari's voice made you look up from the floor. The class was crowding around Bakugo.