Chapter 34 - Home

Start from the beginning

Louis left, closing the door behind him. He spun around the room, opening the other door. The bathroom was the same size as the one at the house, with a shower and a bath. He opened a few drawers, pulling up the curtains before leaving the master bedroom.

He went to the room across from it, happy that this one was small. Louis associated small with safe. There was no bathroom though. Harry said he could have one installed but Louis didn't want to have to wait either. This would be the perfect den if it just had a bathroom.

Louis went to the last bedroom, smiling at the size. Not small but not large –and with a bathroom. He cupped his stomach, looking around at the many windows. Windows that made him extremely uncomfortable.

He exited the room, walking towards the two alphas speaking by the back door. He went straight to Harry to ease his nerves, kissing his alpha's arm.

"And how was it, omega? You have not looked at the kitchen yet."

"I like it but there is no bathroom in the small room."

"We can build one, strawberry. I have told you this."

Louis whined, biting at Harry's jeweled coat, "no..."

Harry chuckled, pulling Louis close, "okay. We can keep looking."

"No more." Louis growled, walking away from the two. He was tired of looking at places. This one would be it. He liked it enough. "Look around, alpha."

"Yes omega."

Louis looked around the kitchen, happy that there was one window that looked out into the yard. He looked around the bare yard before closing the blinds. Louis touched the stoves, jumping when Zayn cleared his throat.

"Excuse me, Louis." Zayn smiled, "how do you like the kitchen?"

"I like it." Louis touched the marble counter tops, "I cannot cook very well."

"I am sure Niall would love to make your meals."

He smiled, thinking of the blonde, "he has been so sweet to me." He touched his stomach, "to think of how you and I first met..."

Zayn frowned, dropping his head, "I think about it and –I never would have thought. I am so sorry, Louis."

Louis grabbed Zayn's wrist, shaking his head, "no. No, do not be sad. It was not your fault. You were doing your job. I did not ever believe I would have been in this position." Louis pulled the alpha into a hug, "the twins will protect me, of course, but I will not forget you." He moved back to look at Zayn, "you are strong. I know you are, Harry knows you are. I overheard –well, Liam, Niall and I overheard you speaking to Harry." He smiled, "you would protect me with your life and I believe that."

Zayn nodded, putting a hand at the side of Louis' neck. The omega didn't flinch at the sensitive area. "I would. You and your child. You have done more for my omegas and I than I have done for any of us. You are the reason they are always smiling. The reason I feel comfortable holding them and loving them as they should be loved. Without you, Louis, who knows what would have happened." He rubbed their noses together and Louis whined, "I have you to thank for my happiness. I will make sure you have yours as well."

"And this?" Louis looked over Zayn's shoulder at his upset alpha. "I leave for a moment."

Louis grabbed onto Zayn's hand, "leave us be."

Harry raised a brow, "excuse me."

"We were having a moment." He pulled Zayn along, "and you ruined it." He grabbed Harry's hand, "stop being jealous, alpha, it is not cute." Harry looked over Louis' head at Zayn who blinked. "I do not like this house. We will find a new one. I want bigger rooms, and one small one. Ixion and Atlas must be comfortable. We also need an extra room for when Zayn and Julie come over."