Chapter 28 - Warm

Start from the beginning

Louis grabbed another paper, sketching out the roses again.

An omega was born to give life, but an omega had needs –and not all sexual per se.

Omegas had urges, Louis knew, urges to please. The want to please was currently riding Louis' bones. His alpha; smiling, healthy, well rested, he saw it as a result of him taking care of Harry. In him making his alpha happy, Harry had come home early and even with flowers.

That could be completely wrong, but Louis could pretend.

It all trickled down from there.

Louis cooked, with Niall's help, but he saw his food on a plate. Louis saw his lemonade in a wine glass, he saw Harry eating his food and drinking his lemonade –and his alpha liked it. Louis couldn't even control the excitement, the happiness of knowing Harry was pleased. He couldn't control it so he left the table.

He left the table because he wanted to see a chair in between them, a chair with a child.

Their whole family sat around the table, even Ixion and Atlas would be there and, in between them, a small precious –theirs –

"Louis."

Louis looked up, surprised by the voice, "alpha?"

Harry grabbed his cheek softly, face creased up, "are you alright?"

Louis took a moment to answer, "Yes."

"Are you sure?" Harry squatted, closer to his eye level, "why have you left us for so long then?"

"I was just-" Louis looked at his desk, quickly crumpling all the papers in embarrassment. He hadn't realized how many different roses he'd drawn. "My apologies, alpha."

"If you need more time, that is fine, but there is nothing to apologize for."

Louis whined, stomach going back in knots at how gentle Harry's voice was. "May I eat alone?" He flinched at Harry's growl, skin going cold at making him upset. Louis settled when warm lips touched his hand. "I am sorry."

"It would make me very happy if we all ate together."

Louis looked at him, extremely familiar with Harry's features –nothing new catching his eyes, finding perfection. He kept staring, eyes dragging over each and every detail.

"Omega?"

Louis had done several self-portraits. If he could just merge their faces into one, he could draw what their child would look like.

Harry didn't like his nose, but Louis loved Harry's nose. He would give their baby his alpha's nose, blend the eye color, give them his own cheeks –Louis had been a very plump baby. He wiggled his toes happily. If Harry had also been one, then their baby had a chance of being plump.

He would give them Harry's curls but his color-

"Omega, please, talk to me."

Louis blinked quickly, reaching out to touch Harry's face. "Were you plump as a child?"

Harry raised a brow, smiling slowly, "I was." His eyes grew when Louis started purring –whining –kicking his feet excitedly. "I am very confused. I would love to know what you are thinking."

"I am thinking –of what our children –would look like."

He knew it was a long shot –he knew, but it was not something he could control.

"Louis, we are not having children."

"I know, I know." Louis shrugged it off, scooting back to stand, embarrassed. "I am just –thinking, I guess." He smiled slightly, "it is nothing."