Chapter 24 - Yellow Polish

Start from the beginning

"Good morning." He looked around, "I was curious to see what the commotion was about." Louis sniffed the air, walking past the head chef. His small nose flared, "mm, smells delicious."

"Thank you, Louis." The alpha pressed his lips together, "your robe is –very beautiful."

Louis looked down again, "thank you. It was hand made by Liam –I am holding it up so it does not dirty." He squeezed by a few alphas, sniffing something else, "mm, I would love this for breakfast. What is it?"

"Uh –that is just a strawberry marmalade cooking down."

"Yum." Louis looked up when the door opened, biting his lip at Evy. "Good morning."

Evy's eyes grew, "-good morning... Louis." He quickly walked in, holding out a hand, "Louis, may you come with me?"

"I –okay." Louis took his hand, struggling to hold up his robe until they were out of the kitchen. "Is Harry awake?"

"I –no, not yet." Evy clasped his hands together, "Louis, I do not mean to tell you what to do at all but –you should not go into a kitchen full of alphas –especially not exposing your legs."

Louis tilted his head, "my legs?" He snorted, "And if I were to wear shorts?"

"It is fine –you can wear whatever you wish!" Evy's voice wavered, "but –your Royal robe is –sacred and –and you were holding it very high."

Louis blushed, thinking about the hand marks that littered his thighs –self-conscious. "Oh."

"Please, you may do as you wish, but Harry seems very serious when it comes to keeping you safe and –he is very protective of you. I just do not want him to be upset."

Louis' stomach turned and he wanted to go home. He nodded, staring at Evy's black flats –the ones all the maids wore. Evy was a maid and knew better than him –it just reminded him how wrong he was for this position.

It made him feel stupid, made him reevaluate why he thought it would be a good idea to go in a kitchen full of alphas, showing his thighs to them, when he was supposed to be their Queen soon –he should have just stayed in the closet but of course, Louis didn't know how to stay put.

"Louis, please do not be upset." Evy touched his face, "you may be in the kitchen if you wish."

Louis moved away, "thank you, Evy." He half-smiled, "you did not have to but that was kind of you." Louis adjusted his robe, "I will see you later for breakfast."

Evy nodded once before leaving him alone.

Louis took a deep breath, quickly walking to the backyard doors. He walked through the green house, robe bunched up, happy that no one was there. Once in the backyard, Louis ran across the grass, hiding behind a shed to cry.

-

"My King! Good morning!"

Harry looked around at his bowing workers, "where is Louis?" He walked away with them following.

"We are not entirely sure, my King." The maids kept with his pace, "he was here this morning. He went to the kitchen."

Harry headed that way, still not fully awake. He opened both doors at once, sniffling while looking around. "Where is Louis?"

The staff stopped their work to bow, "good morning, my King." The head chef came to him while everyone went back to work. "I am not sure, he was here. He –left when Evy removed him."

Harry's eyes lowered, leaving, doors slapping together behind him. "Evy!"

Harry waited about fifteen seconds before he heard tapping coming from the stairs. "My King?" Evy ran in front of him, "yes sir?"