Chapter 7 - Head

Depuis le début

Zayn gave him a funny look, "you –are –odd."

Louis fully relaxed, getting back to his bread. "Obnoxious is the word you are looking for." He stepped off the rock, shaking of his shirt. "May we buy one more, please?"

-

"Who have you been with longest? Niall or Liam?"

Zayn breathed out softly, walking back to the home with Louis. "Niall."

"How did you meet?"

"Here. I applied for the guard position after Harry saved my family's life." Zayn smiled at the thought, "I have forever been in his debt."

"How did he save them?"

"When my father fell ill, he could not work. My mother went to Harry and he came to our home." The alpha looked up at the cloudy sky, "He'd just became King, we did not expect him to come. –He was busy –we were just a family. But, he came and my father received medical attention. He lent us money to survive –not Royal money, his money. –The way he treated us, my mother –my father. Such kindness is not taught, it is not faked –you are born with it. Our King goes through lengths for many beings and asks for not a coin in return."

Louis kicked a small rock, "he is kind at times." He pouted, "He can be sweet when he is not acting arrogant."

Zayn chuckled lightly, "he is a good King and a good being."

Louis hugged his left over sugar bread, "when did you meet Liam?"

"Oh," Zayn cooed, "my sweet Liam. I found him when I was returning from delivering a letter. He was wet, crying," Zayn shook his head. "Dirty, beaten –alone." The alpha smiled, "it was like a match in the dark, I had to take him –help him."

"Harry was okay with it?"

"I was afraid of my King, of course, but of Niall as well. What would he say, how would he feel? So –I hid him."

Louis stopped, "hid him? Where?"

Zayn laughed at Louis' interest. "In one of the unused rooms. I was stupid to do so. My darling Niall smelled him as soon as I went to sleep." He smiled, "he was –so understanding and kind." Zayn sighed, closing his eyes, "my beautiful blonde omega –he just –loved Liam so much, took such good care of him. Made him feel safe."

Louis walked on, shaking his head, "Niall is –annoying."

"No, he is lovely."

"Eh," Louis closed one eyes, "rude."

"To you –I have spoken to him."

Louis stopped walking again when the house came into view. "Do you think I can be a Queen? Like a real Queen?"

Zayn looked him up and down, "I do not know, Louis."

"Hm," Louis nodded, "Arizella's people –they are so happy and I –I want to be a part of that." Zayn looked away. "Maybe," Louis twisted back and forth, "I can become his painter and make art for Arizella."

"That will not work."

"I know, I know." Louis continued walking, bread in hand. "I know."

-

"My Queen," Niall gave a full-bow. "My Guard."

"Niall," Zayn touched the top of his head, getting him to rise. "Have you and Liam finished?"

"Yes," Niall reddened, "we have –Our King has scented it as well."

"Very good." Zayn stepped back, motioning Louis forward, "you may greet your King."