Understood (revised)

(Y/N) POV:

"Uuuh what exactly do we need to talk about?" I tentatively asked while slowing down my time.

Okay people think. Think! What does she want to "talk" about...It isn't the anniversarry is it? 

No. No, that's in a few months time. Uuuum...Her Birthday!

Nope that is ages away in december. Did I forget to do a chore?...I'll put that one in the maybe pile. Did I annoy her particularly in the past few days? 

Well...I did skip out on routine a few days ago after I made the pancakes but I thought we had solved that issue...

My only option so far is that I forgot to do a chore but I don't think she would pull out the "we need to talk." card for forgetting to wash the dishes. Damnit!

I'm going in blind!

I slowly restarted my time to match normal time. 

"I think it would be best if you stopped using your sleeper state." She replied

What?

"Why?" I asked utterly baffled by her reason for wanting to talk. "I thought the team had agreed that using the Sleeper state is a good strategy if we're in a tight spot." I pointed out.

"I know. I know. It's just...That state is not human it is like a machine. Emotion is disregarded let alone mercy and that means that I could watch you mercillessly kill hundreds of people. I don't want that. Especially when I know that you're trying to make up for your past." She said looking into my eyes for any sign of understanding. I did understand...Just the benefits outway the drawbacks.

"Look, I only activate the state when I'm surrounded by people that should be dead. HYDRA agents and mass murderers. I never kill anybody who is innocent and all I do is decemate a huge chunk of the enemy offensive. The sleeper state is too valuable." I argued and she nodded but looked disapointed.

"Nobody deserves to die (Y/N)." Oh we were using names now. "Nobody. Not even HYDRA agents because each of them have someone in the world that cares about them. That remembers who they were before they joined and cherishes that memory. Are you willing to be the one to hurt so many people just for the sake of a mission."

"After what they have done...After trying to take over the world an kill millions. After they perform such inhumane experiments. After the hundreds of bodies that have piled high around them they don't deserve mercy."

"Everybody deserves mercy." She said in a tone of pain. "Look, you have more bodies piled high around you than anybody else I know. You have killed countless-"

"That is different and you know it!" I hissed. I was not going to have the same logic as a HYDRA officer thrown upon me "I only kill so that others may live in peace. I have devoted my entire life to protecting humans from themselves and when a group of them go insane and start to kill each other just as a way to test out how to kill more people, I will gladly eliminate them. There is a line Natasha. The line of good and evil. No matter how blurred it may be there is a line. We are on one side and they are on the other. We fight for humanity. They fight against humanity and if my sleeper state is the best way of getting rid of that evil then I'm going to use it." This part wasn't shouted just calmly laid out like a set of facts.I thought I had won the argument until Natasha got a sad look on her face and spoke again.

"If you're drawing a line then where does it stop? What about Pietro and Wanda (Y/N)? Where do they fit in all this? Because just like most of them they were indoctrinated. They even willingly joined to kill the avengers specifically. They are definitely fighting against us if not humanity. So what's the judgment there?"