Yunohama x (gender-neutral)Reader

Start from the beginning

"If by didn't go well you mean made the biggest mistake of my life, then yes, things didn't go well."

"Good luck fixing it."

Yunohama sighed, silently thinking. "If only luck was all it took. Even then, my luck isn't very good to begin with."

TIME SKIP

"Y/n, can you at least let me explain why I did it."

"I don't need to know. The fact that you did that already says a lot about your so-called explanation."

You shoved him aside, continuing your way.

"Y/n—"

"I dare you to follow me."

He flinched, giving up. You knew why he did it. And that made things worse for him. He went to his practice, dejected. The others noticed it too.

"Yunohama, what's gotten you so down?" Semi asked.

"Ah, Semi-san, it's nothing. Just a mistake I made."
"So you're the one who kissed Y/n."

Yunohama, perplexed, asked how he knew. Semi went on to explain how a video was posted of the event in question. Yunohama grew angry. The boys had recorded the whole thing.

"I never consented to be recorded."

"I'm sure Y/n didn't give their consent to be kissed either."

Shame washed over the second-year. "I really messed up didn't I."

"As long as you understand, I'm sure Y/n come around."

TIME SKIP

Yunohama patiently waited for you to leave your class during the break. At that time you would usually visit Goshiki's class. He placed a note on your desk and returned to his class, hoping you'd respond. You arrived a couple of minutes later and saw the note.

I should've asked. I won't approach you without a yes next time. Can we talk?

You quirked an eyebrow. "Next time? Just what are you planning?"

M E S S A G E S

Y/n
Meet at my dorm room after school

You stuffed the note in your bag, spacing out until lunch. Not long after the bell rang, Goshiki came inside running. "L/n-senpai, want to eat with the team today?"

You shook your head. "I'll pass," you told him. "Save me a spot for next time?"

"Of course! Bye, senpai!"

You leaned back on your chair, still stuck on that note. "Next time... If there's next time, I don't know if I'll say yes."

TIME SKIP

You sat against your dorm door, waiting for Yunohama to show up. You checked earlier and he didn't read your message. You decided to wait anyway, in case he still saw the notification pop up. You waited and waited and waited, but still no sign of Yunohama. You huffed, pushing your door open, tired of waiting for the boy. You clicked the door shut, leaning against it.

It bothered you that he ignored you. Then again, was it any different from what you were doing? You threw your phone onto your bed, sliding down to the floor. You buried your head in between your legs.
"I gave you a chance and you wasted it."

Knock
Knock

"Y/n? Are you in there?"

You clicked your tongue, pushing yourself away from the door. "No, you can leave."

He stayed and kept asking you to let him in. "Y/n, you're probably sick of hearing me say this but I'm sorry for kissing you without your consent...for a dare. I shouldn't have let myself be influenced. I'll never do anything of the sort again. I just want you to know that."

"Don't come in." You reached for the door, leaving it ajar. "I accept your apology and I have a question."

"What is it?"

"Your note said next time. What did you mean by that?"

Yunohama gulped, his nervousness returning to an all-time high. "I don't know."

"You hesitated. Tell me the truth, Yuno," you said, fully opening the door, still sitting on the floor. "It's like you're saying we'll kiss again."

"I hope we do," he murmured with uncertainty.
Shocked to silence, you let him stand there while thinking of a reply, but he found one for you.

"I like you. I know it's poor timing, but I have to say it. I know that kiss puts me in a bad position but, I hope we can start over. Maybe try for real this time."
You left him on hold for a second. He was sincere, you knew he was. You held out your hand. "Here."
He pulled you up with a smile. "Thank you."

"I didn't say yes."

"I know. But you listened and that's enough for me."