"Where did you get that gun?" NEAR asked as she gazed at the corpse. "Why did you do it?" "Kami gave it to me." David answered, "we all escaped. But I want to see you so I went here alone. Fuze Nethercott thought I was acting strange. He tailed me and tried to attack me. As you can see, I killed him for self defense." A shimmer of light disappeared from NEAR's eyes. "Pity." She muttered. "Fuze was a great friend... A very loving and supportive one."

A moment of silence fell and Koori couldn't help but to feel uncomfortable with David glaring at him. "How do you know I'm here?" NEAR questioned. "I counted Maria's keys when she dangled them in front of us. One is missing and of course it's for the sector you looked forward to visiting most back then." David said. "But forget it." He shook his head.

"You're really sparing him aren't you?" David echoed, "Bing Dal has caused all of this havoc and he is the source of many Quintessentials' deaths. Not only did he kidnap me but he dares to kidnap Rien and Yinyu too! He doesn't even care about you at all! You've seen his attitude when Gaela held you at gunpoint. He doesn't give a f*ck if you die or not so why do you care about him so much?"

"I work for him. I have no more or less reason other than that. Well, in a sense I owe him my life since he prevented my execution." NEAR said calmly. David Moon raised the handgun at Koori's head, his hand unflinching. "I'm afraid I need to kill him NEAR. I need to avenge those who has fallen because of him. If I kill him, I can employ you right? Wouldn't that be great? The two of us working together again?" NEAR's face darkened the slightest.

"If that's what you want, I'll have to stop you. I'll have to kill you and I don't want that." NEAR responded, taking out a switchblade from the inside of her funeral dress. She flicked out the blade and pointed it at David. "...Even if I cant find myself killing you, Koori is my currently employer. I'll be Koori's shield and die in his stead if you shoot him. I will hate you forever David; you wouldn't want that."

The chessman and the former stood frozen in place, not moving a single muscle at all. But their armed weapons stood gleaming in the afternoon sun in their hands, ready to strike at any time. David finally lowered the handgun. "You're right. I wouldn't want that. Having you hating me would make me an enemy against Humanity." NEAR smiled a little in response.

"...But being given self-sacrifice wasn't the first idea on your mind, I'm really happy to see you wanting to live; even if it's just for another day." David chuckled, "for someone who used to yearn for death so often, this is some quality character development." NEAR frowned a little in response before a sigh escaped her lips. She looked rather disappointed. "...Don't get me wrong David; I want to die but I can't rest in peace right now. Not when I have someone to look after." She said sadly and gave Koori a look of endearment. Koori blinked owlishly, unsure how else to react.

"DAVID? WHERE ARE YOU?! DAVID?? FUZE? FUZE! DAVID?"

Koori's heart ached. That voice... It's Gaela's. Koori really wanted to see her again but he'd get killed if he go near her. David sighed and scowled whilst NEAR let out a small whoop of joy in satisfaction. "Well, I guess it's time for Koori and I to go. We wouldn't want to ruin the moment. I guess we're really gonna part ways here David." NEAR said, approaching him with a held out fist. The chessman nodded sadly. "Yeah." He said, fist bumping her, "it's a shame we couldn't talk longer. We have so much to talk about." "It's nice seeing you again David. Farewell." She said.

With that, NEAR turned around and quickly grabbed Koori's wrist with her cold hands and ran off. Koori could only follow her as they turned around to the other side of the school building. Jolts of pain shot through his sprained ankle in complaint. "WAIT!" David the shouted. Koori turned around and tugged NEAR to stop which she hesitantly obliged. She turned around.