Vol. 3 Chapter 18 - Besiege

Start from the beginning

"This is ridiculous!"

"Look up!" A soldier cried out, as he notices several objects in the sky. Imperial wyverns.

"Yes! Finally, Take these bastards down!"

Several tracer rounds cloud the air, as several wyverns were shot out fo the sky quickly.

"Huh!?" The Soldier was in confusion

"Well... Looks like Director, has given our new allies a boost huh?" An infantryman said looking up.

"Spitfires!" A Type 74 Loader peaked out his Hatch, and yelled.

A squadron of Supermarine Spitfires all with Pluvimian Markings, descend from the skies and towards the Wyverns. Each sending their own onslaught of Tracer ammunition, the bullets Tearing dozens of wyverns apart at horrifying speeds, the sight was like a nightmare for the imperial troops. Many were quickly dropping their weapons and fall to the ground accepting their fate, others fell to their knees crying at seeing 'imperial superiority' being crushed by foes they believed were inferior, and those stubborn were still screaming.

"Impossible! This can't be happening!" One of these stubborn Soldiers yelled in disbelief, he felt a tap on his shoulder, which made him turn around. A Directorate Infantryman kicked the imperialist into an unconscious state.

Three shadows from above eventually loomed over the battlefield

"Ooooh... They must be pissed..." A soldier uttered as he stared at three Heavy Bombers, with Pluvimian Markings. The Avro Lancaster. All held 7 2000lb Bombs.

—~~—imperial Capital—~~—

"What are those incompetent cowards doing!?" Emperor Cyrus was on the verge of going into a breakdown.

"Y-Your Majesty! The Directorate and the United Kingdom have been rapidly eliminating our armies, they have Ben overpowering us on all-!"

"Are you saying we should bend our knees to them? Nothing is more powerful than the empire! Only those beneath it shall kneel to us! And you're saying we should do the opposite?!l He was completely blind.

"N-no, Your majesty!"

"I want the best mages in the empire to face them off immediately!"

"Yes, your majes-" He was cut off as several explosions occurred in the distance.

Cyrus headed for the balcony to see enormous plumes of smoke rising from the northern areas of the Capital, he looks up to see the three Avro Lancaster making a U-turn to RTB.

"Those... Cowards!!!" He yelled. For people to use such weaponry without facing them, he cursed at their cowardice. But this wasn't cowardice, it was Efficiency.

—~~—~~—~~—

["Hello, Director Matthew." ] Leo said through the phone. For some reason he decided to call me up out of nowhere when I was dealing with the papers.

"Hey, How are you doing?" I simply asked.

["Pretty Well actually, and umm... I don't know how to describe what I discovered but... Actually, can you please come over? If it isn't too much of a burden."]

"No problem, I've finished earlier. I'll see you."

["Yeah... Just don't misunderstand what I'm saying, It's not like I want to talk to you freely."] he hanged up.

———~~———

I eventually entered a private dining space, where Leo sat by a table, his back facing the door.