Chapter 7- Music and Managers

Start from the beginning

YN: Brown guilty eyes and little white lies. Yeah, I played dumb but I always knew. That you talked to her, maybe did even worse. I kept quiet so I could keep you. And ain't it funny how you ran to her the second that we called it quits? And ain't it funny. How you said you were friends? Now it sure as hell don't look like it. You betrayed me and I know that you'll never feel sorry. For the way I hurt, yeah. You talked to her; when we were together. Loved you at your worst. But that didn't matter. It took you two weeks. To go off and date her. Guess you didn't cheat, but you're still a traitor. It took you two weeks to go off and date her. Guess you didn't cheat. But you're still a traitor. Now you bring her around. Just to shut me down. Show her off like she's a new trophy. And I know if you were true. There's no damn way that you. Could fall in love with somebody that quickly. Ain't it funny. All the twisted games. All the questions you used to avoid? Ain't it funny? Remember I brought her up.
And you told me I was paranoid. You betrayed me and I know that you'll never feel sorry. For the way I hurt, yeah. You talked to her; when we were together. Loved you at your worst. But that didn't matter. It took you two weeks. To go off and date her. Guess you didn't cheat, but you're still a traitor. God, I wish that you had thought this through. Before I went and fell in love with you. When she's sleeping in the bed we'd made. Don't you dare forget about the way. You betrayed me and I know that you'll never feel sorry. For the way I hurt, yeah. You talked to her when we were together. You gave me your word but that didn't matter. It took you two weeks to go off and date her. Guess you didn't cheat but you're still. You're still a traitor. Yeah, you're still a traitor. God, I wish that you had thought this through. Before I went and fell in love with you.

I didn't even notice I was crying until I took a breath as I feel someone take the headphones off of me and pulled me into a hug. The smell of musk and pine made me feel at home and I knew it was Chris. He held me for a few moments before pulling away.

"You sing beautifully..." Chris quietly said to me before he grabbed my bag before giving a nod towards the door and we exited. I see everyone sitting there in a mix of shock and awe.

"That was amazing YN, John is gonna add some music to it and we can give you a copy." Adam stated.

"Actually Adam, can you send it to me I plan to release it as soon as it's ready." Monica stated stepping forward towards him and the producer, John.

"NO!" I shouted looking at her hurt and now very pissed off. Everyone quieted down and looked at me, I felt Chris's hand on my shoulder which was the only confidence I had to speak up. "Monica, can I speak to you outside? Now." I don't look around as I turn towards the door and walk out. I pace the hallway frustrated. All of my emotions were on the surface and I knew with one wrong move I would be reduced to tears unable to move. I hear the door open and close and I hear her speak.

"How dare you speak to me like that!" Monica threw her arms up in the air.

"What the hell has gotten into you Mon? Seriously you are becoming more of a problem then a solution for me."

"I'm doing my job!" She pointed a finger at me and waved it around a bit and that just pissed me off more.

"NO! You're job as we agreed to at the beginning was to find and help me set up acting gigs! Not making a decisions about my career without my opinion! You have no right to release a song I never intended on creating without my permission and you no longer get to accept gigs without asking me! I am on overload right now and you don't get it!"

"YN-"

"No, this is when you stop talking and start listening! You don't need to go to all these events! You don't need to deal with the stresses and here you are slamming me with them. I'm close to my burnout point and unless you want me out of commission for a month you need to back off. You're the closest thing I have to family Monica, but you're crossing a line. I'm not a celebrity that sits on a pedestal. I'm not someone who thinks that I'm better than you! I'm human and there is only so much more I can take." We stood silently for a few moments before Monica finally spoke up with an emotionless face.

"You're right YN. I think it's best if I step back from being your manager. I know you need family more. So whenever you're ready I'll be a call away."

Monica walked into the room grabbing her purse before walking past me and down the stairs I stood there in shock. I just lost my manager... but I still had my family. I stayed out there for another minute as my brain replayed the argument we just had over and over. I walked in and sat on the couch next to Chris not saying anything to anyone.

"YN? You okay?" Adam asked a bit quieter than his normal volume.

"I just lost my manager." It was a bit louder than a whisper and everyone remained silent for a moment as they took in what I had just said.

"Hey, let's not worry about that right now. Let's relax and listen to the song now that they added your verse." Chris was trying to get my mind off it and I appreciated that. I nod my head and the John hit play allowing all of us to hear the new song now that it was completed.