Vol. 3 Chapter 9 - 'Der Wunderschlacht'

Start from the beginning

"What...?" Leo uttered

"Impossible! The shield is supposed to be strong enough to withstand an ancient dragon's fire breath, don't tell me what hit is more powerful than that!?"

'What the F**k... Was that...?' Leo uttered.

Being somebody living in the interwar era of the 20th century, the concept of missiles is essentially science-fiction or extraterrestrial technology to him. But that was much more devastating for the natives.

"Have all troops prepare for battle! I'm not going down here!"

———

"All Unit's be advised, The Resurrected one should not be targeted,their abilities far exceed that of Arch-mages. Keep your distance and only eliminate other enemy units." I said through the radio, informing all units participating, I was in the first V-22 Osprey developed, and watched as several rushed-into-service Me-262 Fighter-bombers Variants went by us like We were standing still.

"Director, What about the Resurrected one?"

"I'll be handling him, you guys keep your distance from us because and focus your attention towards the Army and high-risk enemy units, he may be unstable."

"Why are you using all your cards, weren't you completely against this?" Akane asked, immediately after that a perilous noise reached our ears As Five more low-altitude flying Cruise Missiles zipped above us and all were vectored towards the island.

"...Because, Letting Leo Go, will only fill him with rage and resolve, the thirst to strike again. Ending it right here right now will be better, than lengthening our troubles." I said finishing it just as the missiles dramatically struck the island, we watched as it began to shatter. The propellers falling out of their place and the castle atop of it all crumbling, as it slowly fell to the earth.

*camera shutter*

"Oh my goodness, I actually got it, This will be the most famous photo in history!" Esther said with unexpected excitement as she managed to snap a photo of the crumbling island which was supposed to be the symbol of the invulnerability of the Imperial Resurrected One.

———~~———

Large Chunks of dirt and rock lay scattered across the middle of the plains, whilst several soldiers around it were fighting to the bitter end as their resistance led to their demise caused by small seemingly insignificant Pieces of Iron.
Leo managed to burst out of the rubble of his fallen island, and began to breathe heavily and rapidly. Feeling something he never felt before, Fear.

"W-What... The... Hell?!"

He looks to his surroundings to see several personnel coming to his aid, while the rest are pushing forward until.

—*BOOM* (x28)

Several Unguided High-explosive Rockets launched from Me-262s and Cobra Attack Helicopters riddled the landscape, as Leo begins to watch large swaths of his controlled army get eliminated in the span of dozens seconds.

"Tch!" He clicked his tongue in frustration, trying to bury the amount of shock displayed in his mind.

No matter how much he wanted to fight, Human's be Human's, fear of the unknown only made him want to run. He felt frozen, unable to move for a long period of time until a missile struck an area near him with a loud boom which made him snap out of his state.

He escaped from the rubble and into the landscape, as the missiles began to stop suddenly, and several echoing yells and screams resounded from his remaining soldiers

"Who ever did this... will regret ever, messing with-..." as he said that a missile struck the area in-front of him, forcefully sending him back with considerable damage, only for him to recover fairly quickly.