88

It's a long chapter, so buckle up

Yesterday evening

Hayes and I were sitting in the common room on the two sofas facing each other. He was reading a book and I was just bothering him while he did so. I'm not really sure where others except Draco went. He was chilling in his room.

"Hayes, how long are you gonna read it?" I asked wanting to do something, being bored.

"Until it's finished. I promised Ed I'd read it," he said knowing that I can't really go against that. If his brother asks him to read a book then he'll one hundred percent will do so.

"But can't you do that a little later? I'm bored and I wanna do something," I pulled the book down a bit and looked directly at him.

"Where's Draco when you need him?" He said quietly clearly a little annoyed but still with a joking tone.

"He's in his roo-" right before finishing the sentence Draco walked into the common room. "Never mind," I chuckled.

"Let's do something," I looked up at Draco, leaving Hayes alone with his book.

"Sorry I can't, I have to tutor," he said with an apologetic look, pointing at the bag that had book's pointy corners sticking at the fabric.

"On Saturday?" I was a little surprised. I didn't know that tutoring went on on the weekends. I thought everyone was supposed to rest on the weekends.

"Yeah," he said.

"Well when you come back, let's do something then," I said leaning back on the sofa. "Sure," he agreed and walked towards the door.

"Bye!" I yelled after him as the door closed.

Now what do I do? Where are Blaise and Ly? Why didn't they ask me to join on whatever they're doing? What even are they doing?

"You sure you don't want to do something? You can read that book any time," I attempted to convince Hayes the last time to put the book down.

"Yes I'm sure. Maybe when I finish that chapter," he said trying to compromise. "How many pages is that?" I asked right away knowing that if it was too long I wouldn't want to wait.

"Ummm," he started flipping through the pages looking for the next chapter text. "Like 40 pages," he shrugged.

"Forty?! What kinda book are you reading?!" I raised my voice and pushed myself up from the sofa to see the name. "Well take it or leave it," he said laughing.

"Leave it. I'm gonna go alone then," I said not wanting to wait for him to read another forty pages.

I pushed myself to stand up in front of the sofa and before walking towards the door, took a last look at Hayes. He was waving at me with a big smile. So rude, but yet so funny. I quickly turned around to hide a little laugh. But getting that under control I squinted my eyes at him and made my way out of the common room keeping my nose high up.

What the hell do I do?

I'm hungry. How long is it until dinner? Two hours! Ughhhhhh!!