39

"Wait, you wanted to stay away from me?" I looked at him confused and hurt. I didn't expect that.

"No, I would never, it's just Malfoy told me to stay away from you," he explained. It was a relief that at least he didn't want to stay away from me.

"Is that what he told you earlier?" I asked. "Yeah." The balls of that guy. What was he trying to get out of this.

"Well, I'm glad you didn't listen to him either," I smiled at him. "Thanks for the jacket," I said handing it back to him.

"Good you were warm," he smiled too. "See you tomorrow Ced," I said. "See you!"

I quickly wanted to get to the common room. I wanted to ask Draco what was he thinking. Why would he tell Cedric to stay away from me.

I walked into the common room and quickly took a quick look at the people in there. Blondie was nowhere to be seen. He must be in his dorm.

I took a quick look at Blaise, Ly and Hayes who were still sitting on one of the couches and looked at me confused.

I quickly walked past them and towards Draco's dorm. Without even knocking I opened the door and rushed into the dorm.

"What is wrong with you!" I rushed towards Draco, who was sitting on his bed just looking at the wall?

"What?" He stood up, crossed his arms and stepped closer to me. "Who do you think you are?!" I yelled and pushed him, but he didn't even move.

Instead he grabbed my arms and wouldn't let them go. "What is it?" He smirked down at me.

"Who are you to tell Cedric to stay away from me!?" I kept yelling, but still couldn't get my hands out of his.

"Cus maybe he should," he spat without even feeling ashamed. "Why are you like this!?" I raised my voice even more.

"Because you're making me like this Y/n!" He yelled back at me, pushing me away a little. What was that supposed to mean? Now I was the bad guy?! Oh fuck him!

"Stop trying to keep Cedric away from me!" I yelled. "No," he spat.

"You are the worst. I guess Ron's looks were justified," I said a little less quietly. "Weasley?" He repeated me.

"Yeah, he's right about you," I said. "Leave me alone," I added firmly and walked towards the door, when all of a sudden I heard the door locking.

"Open the door," I said without turning around. But when the door didn't open I turned to him. "Open. The. Door,"

"I don't want you to go like that," he came closer. "I don't want you to be mad at me, Y/n," he added.

"You can't expect me to not be mad at you Malfoy. You should have thought about this earlier," I pushed him away as he was getting closer.

"Please," he grabbed my wrist. "Let go of me," I looked him in the eyes. "Please don't leave like that,"

"What do you want me to do?" I looked at him in the eyes. "Don't push me away," he said still not letting my wrist go.

"Draco you can't control my life," I tried to explain to him. "I know, but I just want to protect you," he said.

"Protect me? From Cedric? Oh please! I should be protected from you!" I rolled my eyes. "I just don't want him anywhere near you," he said.

"You can't do that!" I got madder. "He has literally never done anything bad," I didn't understand his reason.

"I don't want him to get close to you," he said quietly and I could barely hear him. "What?" I wanted to hear that again.

"I don't want him to get close to you," he said a little louder. "So you're telling me I can't have any friends?" I narrowed my eyes.

"You have friends," he said.

"And Cedric is one of them! Open the door!" I walked up to the door. "Please Y/n, please don't go," he said quietly. Manipulating piece of shit.

"Then tell me why you actually don't want Cedric around me," I turned around and took a step closer to him.

"Because I don't want anyone else to have you," he said quietly, but loudly enough for me to hear.

"What does that mean?" I was confused. It wasn't the answer I expected.

"I like you Y/n," he said hesitnantly. "No you don't," I chuckled thinking it was a joke.

"I'm not kidding Y/n," he said. "Just open the door Draco," I said calmly.

"Please say something," he said. "Keep your nose out of my business and don't joke about such serious things," I said. "Open it," I added grabbing the door.

He then said the spell and unlocked the door. "Bye Draco," I stepped out of his dorm and closed the door behind me, leaving Draco standing in the middle of the room.

I walked to my dorm and since it was already so late and I was so tired I decided to wake up earlier tomorrow to study and just went to bed.

What the hell is wrong with that guy?! He acts as if he owns me and tells me who I can or can't be friends with.

Before falling asleep I kept looking at the necklace. I was happy that at least I had something from her. And hopefully eventually I would know who she is too.

I slept all the way until morning and woke up and hour before I normally should.

Since everyone was still sleeping I quickly took my books and carried them to the common room table. I sat down and opened one of them.

When I was almost halfway done I heard footsteps coming closer to the common room. "Reading?" Asked Draco when he saw me. "Mhm," I mumbled and turned back to my book.

"I didn't finish my homework last night either," he came closer to the table with a book in his hand. I looked at him as he took a seat next to me and opened his book.

For a while we both read our books without saying a word to each other. Soon everyone started waking up and getting ready.

I also stood up from the the table and walked back to my dorm to get ready.

Today I left to class earlier than others. I was walking towards the Herbology classroom, when I heard Cedric from behind me.

"Good morning Y/n!" He approached me. "Good morning Cedric," I said back with a smile. "Since when are you so early," he asked.

"Since today I guess. I got up earlier," I explained.

We walked into the classroom, being the only ones there. We were once again joking. Hopefully it would be done by the time that the lesson starts. I don't think Sprout will be so nice about it this time.

Soon classroom was filled with students from different houses, but I still couldn't see my friends.

As I got to finish that thought the door flew open and Sprout walked in, behind her Ly, Hayes, Blaise and Draco. Last one right away sending me and Cedric a confusing look. Pissed?

"Y/n we were waiting for you," Ly said when they took their places over the table from us. "You were? Oh I'm sorry," I apologized.

"We looked for you for so long," Hayes added.

"I said I'm sorry. I didn't know you wouldn't come to class without me," I might have said with a bit of a rude tone. I was still mad at Draco and I let it out on people who didn't deserve.

The class began and actually went past fairly quickly. My thoughts were still on yesterday.

Why would Draco want Cedric to stay away from me. Where does he get a right to do such thing?

But I didn't want to talk to him about it. I'd rather not see him right now. Sadly that wasn't possible, since we hung out with basically the same group of people.

//