83

A couple of days had passed and I still couldn't believe my cat is actually dead. But there was actually a somewhat good side to it. I wrote to my pa- godparents again. That doesn't really cancel out the fact that it was my fault, but it made it a little better.

They also wrote me back. The letter was like three pages long, but I didn't mind it. But I honestly didn't know how to respond to their letter.

Sure I could say something simple, but they wrote me a three page letter I think I should put some effort into it. But I'm out of ideas. I don't really have anything to tell them other than talk about the cat.

"Are you even listening to me, Y/n?" I was snapped out of my thoughts in the middle of the great hall by Ly.

"Yeah, sorry. What were you talking about?" I shook my head and tried to focus on what she was saying.

"I was talking about the conspiracy I have," she seemed a little bummed that I hadn't listened more closely. "Which is?" I said quietly.

"I think that Estrid is trying to take over the world," she said and seemed convinced. "Mh?" I furrowed eyebrows in confusion. But it didn't even sound too crazy to be honest.

"I think she is gathering followers right now. They've had quite an addition to the group," she pointed at Estrid and others on the other end of the table.

There really were some new faces to their group. There was the one guy with black short hair that I had seen hang out with them earlier, but there was also a brunette curly-headed guy with them, who I hadn't even met before.

He was in Slytherin aswell, so it felt a little odd that I hadn't seen him before, but I thought that maybe he was just not very noticeable. If he would be new, we would have a sorting ceremony, but we haven't had it. At least not yet.

"I believe you Ly," Blaise said as he and Hayes sat down next to us at the table. "I think so too. Pretty suspicious," Hay agreed as well.

"Where is Draco?" I asked noticing that there were only two of them. "Snape held him back, but he'll join once he let's him go," Blaise explained.

"What did he want?" I spat.

"He didn't say. We just passed the potions classroom and he was waiting for him there," Hay said.

"Waiting? Must've been pretty serious then," Ly thought. "Knowing Snape, it's probably nothing," I said and placed another potato onto my plate.

After lunch we had potions. Draco had still not joined us, so we all kind of figured that he is still in the potions classroom, so we decided to get going without him.

As always there was a big crowd in front of the door, but the door itself was locked. I tried.

I also couldn't hear anything. Maybe he was still talking to Draco. I wonder what could they possibly be talking about. The tutoring?

"What is your problem Cuindlys?" A Ravenclaw girl got pushed into me as I was talking to Ly about Estrid's plan to take over the world.

"You good there?" I quickly turned around helping the girl get her balance back. "Yeah," she said shyly.

"What is wrong with you?" I asked seeing that the pusher had been the same guy who had short black hair and had been pushing me to sit down when Rickon wanted me to apologize. "Can't keep your hands off of girls?" I asked placing my hands on my hips.

His somewhat intimidating and angry look turned to me. "Never got that apology out of you. If you don't want to be next, stay out of it," his voice sounded demanding. I took a step back towards Ly, Hay and Blaise just in case.