03

"What?" I asked as I looked at him innocently. "You could get expelled for that," he said quietly while looking around.

"I can't get expelled for telling the truth," I said calmly. "Besides, everyone was thinking it," I added as I looked at the crowd standing away from us.

"Yeah, but you can't just say that," he tried to convince me otherwise as he let go of my shoulders.

"Why not?" I put my hand on my hips and looked up at him. "Because... I don't know," he mumbled as he looked down on the ground.

"Let's just get to another class alright," I said as I started walking towards the crowd and Hayes followed right behind me.

The crowd of people also began walking and we all went to our next class, which was potions. I'm pretty good at potions so it was easy.

Soon after a couple of classes, it was time for lunch. I wanted to use this time to ask the headmaster if I could use the kitchen to bake the cake I wanted.

"So you're gonna ask Maxime right now?" Asked Hayes as we were walking to the cafeteria.

"Well later we have to get to baking, so I don't have time later," I explained as we kept walking.

He sat down at one of the tables and I walked up to the teacher's table. Maxime was right there, and all I could do was hope that she would be kind enough to say yes.

"Hey, I have a quick question," I said approaching her.

"What is it?" She asked as she started fixing my posture.

"Umm, I just wanted to ask if I can um use the kitchen after classes to bake a cake. It won't take long," I asked.

"Stop with the umms," she looked at me and I just nodded. "Why do you need a cake? We will have dinner."

"Since Rickon is coming back, I thought it would be a lovely surprise for him," I said trying to sound like a lady.

"That's very sweet of you," she said with a big smile. "Of course you can use the kitchen."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I said excitedly.

"But of course you have to clean up after yourself," she said.

"Oh, I will. Thank you," I said and walked back to the table where Hayes was sitting.

"So what did she say?" He asked before I could even sit down.

"After classes the kitchen is ours," I said spreading my hands. Hayes smiled and we started eating our lunch.

After lunch, we had a couple of more classes, but soon we made it to the kitchen. I was carrying the cookbook, and as we got to the kitchen I put it down on the table.

"So what kind of cake do we make?" I asked Hayes as I was turning the pages of the book.

"With a lot of frosting," he laughed and started looking at the recipes with me.

"Chocolate cake?" I asked as I turned the page to the chocolate cake recipe.

"Yeah let's do chocolate!" He said as he was tying up his apron.