02

"Do you have a cookbook?" I asked as I crossed my fingers hoping he would say he does.

"Do I look!?" He looked at me surprised. "But there is probably some in the library."

"Brilliant," I responded. "Let's go!"

"Wait right now?" He said with a surprised look on his face. "We don't have time after classes so obviously," I said grabbing his hand and to pull him out of there.

After finishing his sandwich he got up and came with me to the library. We started looking for cookbooks, but we couldn't find any on our own. I was also still in my Pajamas.

"Any luck?" I quietly asked Hayes who was looking at the shelf next to me.

"I see no cookbook," he said as he took one of the books out of the shelf. "What is that?" I asked stepping next to him to get a better look.

"It's Zoe's favorite book," he explained turning the page.

"The Goose Girl," I read from the cover as I lift it a bit. "Gives me very much 'I'm not like other girls' vibes." I was not impressed.

"Well she wasn't like other girls," he turned another page. I put my hand on my hips as I stared at him. He was completely hopeless.

"I thought we were over that phase?" I said grabbing the book from him. "Oh we are," he said sounding like he just got snapped back to reality.

"Let's find the cookbook!" He said grabbing the book out of my hands and putting it back on the shelf.

We kept searching for the cookbook for a while until Hayes finally found one.

"I found one!" He said a bit loudly, causing people in the library to look at us. Why were they here so early anyway?

"Good," I walked up to him.

He was holding a big thick old book with a huge stain on the cover.

"Is that the only one they have?" I asked as I turned to the shelf to look through the other books. It really was the only cookbook.

"Well, I guess it'll have to do," I said as I took the book to my hands and went to get it from the library lady.

"Okay now we have to get back to our dorms and get ready for class," Hayes said waiting at me by the library door.

"Yeah, but after classes, you're gonna help me bake it right?" I asked with a pout.

"We'll see," he responded as he started walking. "Please you have to!" I said trying to keep up with him. He then just laughed at me and nodded.

We walked back to our common room into our dorms. Luckily all the girls were up by that time and I got to get ready with them. I put on my uniform and a little bit of makeup. I'll do more once we're done baking.

When I had gotten ready, I got up and saw people sitting on the sofas in the common room. Hayes was not there yet so I had to wait for him.

"Hi," I waved at them as I awkwardly sat on the sofa next to them. "What are you talking about?"

"We were quizzing each other for today's test," one of the guys responded without even looking up.