𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

Start from the beginning

It must have been forever when we laid in the darkness together, kissing each other as if there was no tomorrow. My wolf had completely taken over me at this point because I found myself kissing him back much more fiercely and he was welcoming everything and returning it in ten folds. All I could do was sit back in my head and wait for this to end but it would be a lie if I claim that I wasn't enjoying it at all. Though I'd die before admitting that!

Slowly the exhaustion was taking over me and I wanted to sleep. The fact that I was feeling so cozy wrapped up in blankets and hides and being cuddled didn't help me stay awake at all but there was still something that I needed to hear from him.

He seemed to have calmed down with me as well because he said nothing. Though now and then he would brush his lips against my cheek and neck and maybe place a couple of kisses here and there. My eyes were threatening to flutter shut but I wasn't going to give in so soon.

"Ezekiel," I mumbled, "I want to know what's in the river," My words were followed by a deafening silence before he sighed deeply.

"You wouldn't give up, would you?" He grunted.

"No,"

"The river kills anyone whoever dares touches the water," He told me after contemplating a bit. As soon as those words left his mouth I knew that they weren't the truth. There was more beyond that.

If the secret was this simple then we wouldn't have to fight so much for me to find it out.

"I know that's not the whole truth,"

"I can tell you this much for now. Just don't go anywhere near the river again, Celeste,"

"Is it cursed?" I guessed.

"No,"

"Does something live in it?" I guessed next. His silence answered my question. "I heard some laughter and giggles when I went near the river. Are there sirens in th-"

Before I could complete my question, his lips were already on mine, hushing me with a hot passionate kiss. It made me melt in his arms instantly because I didn't have much energy left by now but still, I wanted to talk to him. I wanted to find out more about him.

"So you are not going to tell me what's in the river?"

"No," He grumbled, dismissing the topic. I sighed deeply, looking at his glowing eyes in the dark which were looking at me fervently.

"Ezekiel..." I mumbled in the cold night, "How did you become the King?" I asked him next, fighting my sleep and looking at him, expecting an answer.

"Where's your family? Do you even have a family?" I asked next when he didn't answer my question at first. A moment of silence passed between us.

"I had a family. They're all dead,"

"How? You survived so long and they died? I thought Lycans live long,"

"It's simple. They weren't lycans," He answered.

"Wha-how?" I was deeply bewildered by his answer. I looked at his face in puzzlement while my mind tried to make something out of his words.

"I became a lycan after they died,"

"What were they? And how did you become a lycan?"

"They were mortals so they had to die. My deeds immortalized me as a lycan and here I'm today," He answered grimly, looking at me pensively. I let his words settle in my head for a moment before I asked him, "What deeds?"

I was only met with silence in return. So I used that silence to connect the dots and instantly various possibilities started to pop up in my head but among them, a particular possibility stood out the most.

At first, I thought of dismissing it but then I looked at Ezekiel's face. He was a scheming son of a bastard and more or less, it seemed like it could be true.

"Did you kill your family?" I enquired. "Is that the deed that immortalized you as a lycan?"

His eyes gleamed at me as he watched me heatedly. His face looked grim and there were so many emotions simmering in his eyes. It was hard to read him at that moment.

"Is it so?"

"Close enough," Was all he gave me for an answer.

_

Vote. Comment. Share. Follow me

Read up to chapter 66 on Patreon. The link is in my bio.

Also available on Patreon: Mr. Night, Stefaan, The Gentleman's Trial, Made For Him, The Beta's Catch, Marmadoke, Exclusive books

Read the next chapter on Inkitt for Free. The link is in my bio.

Instagram: authorritz

thanks for reading <3