Vol. 2 Chapter 6 - Battle of Albatros (2/2)

Start from the beginning

The Mage eventually disappeared into thin air from sight, and eventually eveyrthing around me turned white and bright flashes occurred rapidly, before everything seemingly snapped back into reality.

"Huh?"

I look on to see that I was now on top of one of the Roof-covered Bastions of the wall.

I look to my side to see The Mage and...

"Strong when you are weak?" Matthew... He asked.

"The only reason for that was because you were spread thin, the besiege worked to their advantage."

"I-I..." I failed to stutter out words as I stumbled slightly

"Please... Don't falter due to my words, I managed to blink several defenders beyond the wooden gates into safe locations, I brought both of you here."

"Is that so... -! Wait, this battle I-... I failed... At everything."

"You only failed to keep the gates blocked, but you have not failed at defending your people, Y'know?"

"What?"

"I managed to reinforce your crudely-built wooden Last-line-Defence walls with cast iron. The people won't be touched."

"But they will be easily broken down!"

"As a strong knight like you you shouldn't think pessimistically too often, Sure they can break it down soon, but not long enough for the tide to turn." He replied

"W-What do you mean...?" I asked but both of us stopped our conversation as A girl wearing a similar uniform as to Matthew approached us.

"By the tide will turn, He meant The Earth will be scorched."

"Okay, That is an incredibly eerie description, I just hope nobody will get the negative idea." Matthew said to her

"What are you two-...?" I eventually stopped myself as I began to hear distant noises almost drowned out by the Barbaric Siege, it sounded like... Trumpets or horns.

"They are here, Please calm down, Knight Leader echethier." The Mage said to me

I, Sprayed with confusion, went out of cover to see.

———

(Matthew)

"W-What the!? What is that!" One of the armoured brigands yelled out after hearing the sounds, to which several of his comrades turned to his direction.

An AH-1 Cobra swooped down from a formation of other helicopters, an Attack helicopter developed by America, in the midst of the Vietnam War, I chose this attack helicopter for now, due to its simplicity and era (Absolutely Not Simple whatsoever, But just by comparison compared to the advanced AH-64 Apache.)

It's blades cutting the air, as it hovers above and behind the large crowd, several Enemy Archers attacked the helicopter with Arrows and a few men below tried throwing their spears, the arrows barely scratched the paint off, and the rotor blades (which I decided to go all out and have it be reinforced with Carbon-Fibre) reduced them into pieces.

One cobra eventually fired A barrage of Mk 4 FFAR Missiles at the concentration pretty much emptying its Pods, shredding several soldiers. The soldiers began to scatter, toppling over their comrades, then that's when the cobra proceeded to use its Minigun to shred down the remaining soldiers, the pilots seemed dead-set to leave no survivors as they constantly maneuver around. Sometimes even vaguely chasing some of them down.

'I didn't want to do this... But... The killing intent, large amounts, and Armour of the enemies, will make it highly difficult for us to contain them whilst defending the civilians.'