Inuoka x (short!gender-neutral)Reader

Start from the beginning

"Hmmm!"

"I know you're fired up. Save that energy for class."

"Haaa!"

"Volleyball isn't the only important thing in life."

Kuroo and Yaku watched them interact in complete confusion. How F/n understood Inuoka was a mystery to them.

"Oh, can you help me with my project!"

"Sure, just tell me the details at lunch."

"Yes! Gaaahh!"

"No need to thank me. Just don't let me do all the work."

"Hai!"

"Your kids are weird, Yaku."

"Ha!?"

TIME SKIP

Inuoka let himself drop onto F/n's shoulders forcing them to drag his 183 cm self to the gym. It was a weird sight to see. Especially to his taller teammates that didn't understand how F/n managed to carry him without collapsing.

Simple answer: they just do.

"F/n, I'm tired."

"That's what you get for leaving all your homework to do at the last minute."

"But F/n! I wanted to watch the MSBY Black Jackals play!" He whined. F/n gave him apathetic pats on the back blankly staring ahead as he kept trying to excuse his behaviour.

"Inuoka-chan, I think it's time you change."

"Gah!"

"Again, not my problem. Go change."

When he left, Lev joined F/n. "How do you understand him?"

"Because he uses words?" F/n answered unsure themselves. "Is that a trick question?"

"F/n, there's only one person who can understand him and that's chibi-chan."

"Which one, Kuroo?"

"The orange one."

"Right him. I don't know. Am I not supposed to understand Inuoka-chan?"

Kuroo smiled. "We can talk about it later."

F/n shrugged their shoulders taking a seat beside the coaches. Inuoka ran back in, looking for F/n. He whispered something in their ear and started his warm-up.

"Eh!?" F/n eyes widened. "Why today?"

"You promised!"

"Fine!"

When Nekomata asked F/n, they said it was a stupid bet they made. And boy would F/n regret that bet.
As soon as practice ended Inuoka waited for F/n to enact their promise. "F/n, are you ready?"

"Is no an acceptable answer?"

"No!"

He handed them cat ears and a strap-on tail he got from who knows where. F/n ripped the items out of his hands. "You owe me big time."