Vol. 1 Chapter 8: What... Did I just do?

Start from the beginning

I raised my staff over Sera, she seemed to have reacted to my presence.

"Wha- *cough* a-are you doing...?" She spoke

"Those men aren't as cruel as our masters, you don't have to believe me, but I just want to ask you... You want your family to be free?"

She only stared at me

"We can help you make that wish, if you follow our plan."

"W-We?" She said before she looked behind me, to see Kara.

"Yes, We."

———

(Matthew POV)
I have not anticipated this...

Our bullets can't even penetrate this person's shield, and again at random intervals he begins firing high-voltage streams, that I would imagine he would call Lightning, which can knock personnel back, but fortunately they wouldn't die... Death isn't something I want them to experience... They were only created here just hours or a day ago.
His shields... I never expected magic to be this impenetrable...

I eventually used up most of my mana create semi-automatic Firearms, and a few grenades, but whilst attempting to manifest one, I realized I couldn't anymore.

'Stamina-Preservation Measures... I'm out of Mana and I couldn't utilize my Stamina as a substitute... But what made my blood run cold is the next words the man said as he approached.'

"Hmm? It seems you have run out of mana... I can't believe you fell for that! I knew it! Cowardice and Gullibility! Hahahahahaha!"

'Dammit...! What have I done!? No, I can't let him-'

"Let me show you my power! You have made the mistake!"

He yelled before he raised his hand, his shield dissipated but a dark dome manifested and encompassed me and my men. The dome prevented the Two tanks from approaching, they attempted firing shells but they couldn't penetrate it.

"What-? What is...-"

"Sir, What are your orders? we can-!" I heard one of my personnel yell which made me turn to look at him, but His sentence was cut as his body seemingly exploded, blood spilling into a puddle and light-blue cubes dissipate into air from his remains.

"!" I stared in shock, before abruptly even more of them began to share the same fate, from 20 personnel in our location, it was reduced to 5.

All of which a bloody mass remained, some of the stains have remained on my face, one of the survivors saw some standing still my expression in disbelief.

"Sir?"

I heard him but... I couldn't move...

'Again... Again... I let it happen Again... I've made the worst choices, because I didn't think on the statistics properly... I underestimated the cruelty of this world... In the end, I Let them Die again... Why...?'

The dome slowly dissipated, however it then reformed into a wall, the two tanks were separated from us. The lumbering dual-wielder named Don, eventually approached.

"Hahaha!" He laughed, but I still didn't flinch back.

"See! you have No more power, only Cowardice! You can't even face me! Dom, Kill him."

To which the man through one of his large daggers aimed straight for my head, I turned around.

"Sir!" One of my remaining personnel, dashed in-front of me, only for him to take my place in death, the dagger pierced through his head, the tip of the blade just a foot away from my face, blood lightly hit me, before the soldier's body fell to the ground, as a pool of blood formed.