Kai x (female)Reader

Start from the beginning

"I would," you sighed, tossing out the cups. "Can I come over later?"

"Sure, just be prepared to eat sea-grapes."

You pursed your lips not wanting to. You had a sweet tooth and a sweet tooth alone. Anything salty wasn't as tasty to you. "Can I have boba to wash it down?"

"Again?"

"Hey, I paid for the two earlier."

He smiled, agreeing to provide you with your life essence. "Focus in class instead of spacing out."

"I don't space out. My mind just falls asleep."

He kissed your cheek before heading to class. You were left to indeed space out for the rest of the class. Fantastic, right?

TIME SKIP

You held on to Kai's arm while walking to practice. Were you their team manager? As much as it would be nice to watch your boyfriend break a sweat, your goldfish level of attention made the note-taking part difficult.

No offence to you. Your boyfriend is right there wiping sweat off his face. Why wouldn't you do a "little" sightseeing?

That being said, the coaches loved having you around. You gave the boys much-needed energy.

"F/n-san, I think you grew today!" Lev exclaimed, placing his hand above your head.

"I know, right? I'm a full centimetre taller," you said smirking, nose in the air with pride. Your reaction proved more confusing than anything to the team giant. Yaku laughed. "That doesn't work with her and you know it."

"I'm still trying to figure out if she's telling the truth," Kuroo said. "Let's measure her height."

"I'm not lying! I grew," you huffed. Kai gently rubbed your head until you stopped fuming like a coal train. The boys measured you and you indeed grew as much as you told them. With just a little more past the line. Almost a full two centimetres.

"I told you!"

"Would you look at that? The kitten can grow after all."

You stuck your tongue out at the team captain only to have Kai repeat the head pats. "I'm not a cat," you hissed.

"You kind of act like one," he noted.

"Name one time," you said, crossing your arms.

"Monday, you pounced on me from the countertop of your kitchen. Tuesday, you managed to squeeze yourself into a box for fun. Wednesday, you hissed after getting sprayed by my neighbour's water sprinkler. And yesterday, you clung to Lev after Kuroo scared you."

"Your nails are sharp, senpai."

You laid on the floor in a heap of all the things he said, your body occasionally twitching. You shakily rose, clutching your chest and dramatically crying tears. "I never knew..."

The team waited nervously for the moment you'd start bawling. But you didn't.

"I never knew you paid so much attention to me!"
Collective team deadpan. "What?"