𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

Start from the beginning

The tips of our noses were brushing and our breaths mingled with while we continued to glare at each other.

"Don't you fvcki-" Before I could finish speaking, his lips were on mine and the sparks exploded everywhere. My wolf stirred inside me, savoring the feel of sparks while I tried to push him back but to no avail.

I tried my best to fight against him but after fighting and ignoring the mate bond for the whole day, it came down on me heavily, wiping away whatever patience and self-restraint I had in myself.

I was soon kissing him back fiercely. The kiss seemed to have lasted for the whole night. Or that's what it felt like to me.

I didn't know what it was but tonight his lips felt soft and caressing instead of demanding and dominant like the other times he'd kissed me. This slight change in him shocked me a but I didn't let it get my guard down.

Or maybe, I did let my guard down a little because unlike other times, his lips seemed to be trying to tell me something he couldn't.

I gasped for breath as soon as I pulled back from the kiss while he held my face in his hands, pressed our foreheads together, and spoke breathlessly, "You have no idea what's out there. I'm not talking about the drakonians, the weather, or the snow demons. There's something beyond..." Suddenly, he trailed off.

This kind of behavior from him definitely surprised me because to start with, I'd never heard fear and uncertainty in his voice combined together. What was it that he was scared of?

Most important of all, what could be out there that he was so scared of?
He was the lycan king after all and there was practically nothing he could be sacred of.

"I don't like how you're putting yourself in more and more danger every day," He growled at me, snapping back to his older self as soon as he realized that there had been a slip on his part. Or, maybe he'd been playing games with me all this while?

This scheming Bastard couldn't be trusted.

"I don't care. Get off me," I growled at him. He growled at me but louder before his lips crashed on mine again. He gave me one of his fiery and demanding kisses making me realize how different his previous kiss was.

I didn't kiss him back this time. I pushed him off me and when he didn't budge, I rewarded him with a tight slap. My slap was followed by a very long silence and for a moment none of us moved from our places.

Finally, he stepped back.

"Think about it again," He warned me.

"My mind is already made," I gritted at him over my shoulder while walking back to the camp. I was now feeling the exhaustion getting the best of me. My eyelids were growing heavier and with each step, it felt like I was going to collapse and fall asleep on the spot.

Ezekiel remained hot on my tail, breathing down my neck like always.

"There's still time," He tried to tell me. In repose, I growled at him. It sounded more like an annoyed growl.

Surprisingly when I returned to the camp, everyone seemed asleep. At least, I was saved from the questions and curious glances for now but where was I going to sleep? My tent was completely destroyed!

"What are you doing?" Ezekiel asked out loud when he saw me picking up pieces of my tent material.

"Digging your grave," I answered him, offering a complimentary glare with it.

"Your tent is destroyed,"

"How kind of your to notice that,"

"You can sleep in mine," He offered. My eyes widened for a moment and I looked at him but again, why was I surprised?

I should have known that he did all of this just so that I could sleep with him inside a single tent. That scheming son of a bastard!

"I'd rather sleep in the deep and dark forest under an open sky rather than sleep in your tent with you," I gritted at him.

"You can sleep in it alone," He offered.

Now, I was really surprised but knowing the kind of deceiving son of a bastard he could be, I wasn't going to agree to this.

"No thanks,"

"You're going to sleep in my tent," He growled, "if you don't want to wake up the whole camp for the second time tonight,"

I glared at him. He was being impossible.

"Are you going to walk there or do you want me to carry you?"

"I'm not going there,"

"Alright," With that, he leaped at me, and before I knew it, he was already dragging me towards his camp. He was very fast in doing so because, within just a few moments, I was inside his tent.

"Good night," He gritted before stealing a kiss from me. He silently left his tent after that and didn't return for the rest of the night.

_

What do you think is making him act like that?

Vote. Comment. Share. Follow me

Read up to chapter 51 on Patreon. The link is in my bio.

Also available on Patreon: Mr. Night, Stefaan, The Gentleman's Trial, Made For Him, The Beta's Catch, Marmadoke, Exclusive books (LEVEL 2)

Read the next chapter on Inkitt for Free. The link is in my bio.

Instagram: authorritz

thanks for reading <3