Germaphobes in love V1

Start from the beginning

CALL ENDED 📳 [📴]

"You seem close to the boy's volleyball team."

I smile, remembering the group of boys I spent some time with. "I was their manager. I've known Ushijima and Tendō since I was a child. We decided to join the volleyball team in high school. Well, I joined while I could when I arrived. Do you play volleyball, Sakusa-san?"

"I'm the team's ace."

"Wow, you're just like Ushi! Though I have a feeling you surpass him."

"Thank you."

We continued small talk until it was time to return to class. I could feel all his fangirls glaring at me. When we enter class, I notice my desk is trashed. Another pathetic attempt to destroy my self-confidence with permanent markers. I wipe the desk and chair clean before sitting down.

"Fangirls?" Sakusa asked.

I nod. "I guess you're the popular boy here."

"I have no reason to talk to those germs."

I giggle. "We're going to get along well, Sakusa-san."

"You're oddly friendly."

"I'll take that as a compliment."

I could tell he gave me a small smile under his mask. "You're definitely weird."

As the class goes on, we help each other with the assignments. Sakusa is nice behind his anti-social/germaphobe behaviour. At the end of the day, we split ways. "Aren't you coming to sign up as our manager?" Sakusa asked.

"I have to catch up and accommodate myself for a bit. I'll be passing by another day. By the way, can I have your number? I'd like to get to know Itachiyama's great ace."

"You sound like a fangirl."

His expression makes me giggle. "I'm sorry, Sakusa-san. Can I still have your number?"

"I feel like I'm going to regret this."

"Is my usage of Lysol and disinfectant wipes not enough?"

"...I guess you're okay"

"Yes! I'll text you later, Sakusa-san."

I wave goodbye, starting my long way back home. "Sakusa Kiyoomi, huh... I can't wait to see you play."

MESSAGES

CHAT - Sakusa🏐

Good luck with practice!
seen

💬
You call this later?

Sorry

Whatever
💬
Thanks

Sakusa🏐 IS OFFLINE

Even if he just replied and left, I'm happy. He didn't ignore my message. I open the door, shuffling my shoes off. I take a long relaxing shower and go straight to my desk. I have much-needed homework to catch up on.

TIME SKIP [AFTER PRACTICE] SAKUSA'S POV

I grab my phone, checking for messages. I'm hoping L/n sent me one. She didn't. Maybe I should text her?

"Why are you glaring at your phone?" My cousin asked, peering at my phone.

"No reason."

"Who was that girl you had lunch with?"

"She's a new student."

"Not gonna tell me more?"

"No"