Chapter 75: To Shoot Down the Sun - part I

Lan WangJi woke up at five like always, golden eyes shifting to the body beside him. His gaze softened and he laid still as he watched Wei WuXian sleep, lips forming a small pout. A pout which Lan WangJi failed to resist kissing.

Carefully, Lan WangJi rose from the bed. He had sent their robes to be washed last night and silently left the room to go pick them up from the front desk. The inn was silent and the inn owner had obviously just awoke, the only noises being from the inn staff cleaning and cooking and tending to other matters.

"Ah, young master?" The male greeted.

"Two warm tubs and some breakfast please," Lan WangJi paid, "And our robes,"

The owner smiled, taking the silver piece. He motioned Lan WangJi to wait, the man doing as told. Even if a cultivator were to enter or exit, they probably wouldn't recognize him. After all, his hair was completely open and he was dressed in very simple night clothes. The owner walked back, handing Lan WangJi the folded sets of robes, "The tub's should arrive in 10 minutes. Breakfast will be delivered at 6,"

Lan WangJi bowed and walked back up to his room, opening the door and closing it. He placed the robes to the side, sitting down on a mat and meditating. He remained in Lotus Pose until the wood of the door was knocked. Lan WangJi rose to his feet, opening the door. He motioned for both tubs to be placed behind the screen, the staff smiling and speaking in low voices as they had caught sight of the still asleep Wei WuXian.

Lan WangJi bowed, tipping them slightly as they left. After closing the door, he walked behind the screen and stripped down, washing himself in one of the tubs. On any other time, he would let Wei WuXian sleep in, but since they were in a war and wanted to check the Dafan Village and get back to LangYa in time, they couldn't remain here for long.

So, after finishing his bath and dressing in the GusuLan Sect robes and tying his forehead ribbon, Lan WangJi began to shake and call Wei WuXian. Breakfast had already been delivered by the time Wei WuXian finally opened his eyes and whined, "Let me sleep..."

"Wei Ying, we must head to the Dafan village and make our way back to LangYa,"

Wei WuXian groaned loudly at the reminder of the war, grudgingly sitting up. He turned and poked Lan WangJi's cheek with a cute smile, "Morning,"

"Good morning," Lan WangJi responded softly, letting himself be pulled down into locking lips with his fiance.

After they had finished that, Wei WuXian yawned, stretching his arms and body. He stood up and groaned, tugging at the white robe on himself, "Lan Zhan! How are you in your robes already? It's so hot,"

"It was cooler before in the morning..." Lan WangJi's voice faltered as his eyes widened, "Wei Ying..."

"What?" Wei WuXian turned to him, his top robes already removed and only standing in trousers, "Aye, Lan Zhan. It's just my torso. We're both males, cut sleeves yes, so we'll avoid our legs, but torso isn't-"

"No, not that," Lan WangJi stopped him, eyes trailing over the numerous scars which he had never seen before, "Where did these come from?"

Wei WuXian finally seemed to realize and his face paled slightly, "Ah...right..."

"The Wen brothers?"

"No,"

Lan WangJi carefully reached out, fingers softly tracing multiple lines across Wei WuXian's chest and waist. The younger one didn't move, just watching Lan WangJi's face as he walked around and saw a few more lines on his back. Lan WangJi could only think of one other place and he looked worried and pained, "The Burial Mounds?"