Chapter 2: Cracked Ice

Jiang Cheng placed a hand on his head, "Oh my god, did we travel back in time?"

Lan WangJi sat down on his bed, "Yes, that's what I'm thinking,"

"Okay- but- how?!" Jiang Cheng demanded.

Lan WangJi paused and then recalled the blast of spiritual energy they had both let out. Looking at Jiang Cheng he muttered, "We used spiritual energy. We must have set off a bunch of Wei Ying's talisman,"

"And the result is travelling back to when we were 15, just before the Sunshot campaign, before A-Ling, Sizhui, Jingyi, before Jin Guangyao, before my sister and her husband die, before- everything!!" Jiang Cheng hissed and then his face turned into one of pain.

He placed a hand over his meridian and whispered, "WangJi..."

Lan WangJi raised an eyebrow at the soft call, glancing at the pained look on Jiang Cheng's face. Jiang Cheng looked right at Lan WangJi's eyes, "A-Xian...has his core. A-Xian is okay. He hasn't- he hasn't defected or suffered or- oh my god my parents are alive..."

Lan WangJi couldn't help but fall into his own painful realization, "My brother isn't depressed anymore...my Father is alive. I wasn't bedridden for three years. Everyone's...happy..."

Jiang Cheng walked over and sat on the other end of the bed, a large gap between the two boys. There was a moment of silence as the two of them realized everything was back before it fell apart. Before there generation had been forced into war. Before so many lives had been lost.

Jiang Cheng broke the silence, "We have to fix everything,"

"What?" Lan WangJi looked startled.

"We can save everyone," Jiang Cheng pointed out, "We can save your father, my parents, A-Jie...A-Xian,"

Lan WangJi nodded slowly, "You're correct,"

Jiang Cheng smirked slightly at that, keeping this memory of his brother's annoying husband- oh wait- Jiang Cheng looked at Lan WangJi, "You're single again,"

Lan WangJi did not hesitate to send a light punch at Jiang Cheng's arm. Jiang Cheng cursed, grabbing his arm and scowling, "What the fuck?!"

"Wen Ruohan is alive," Lan WangJi changed the subject, "And so are all of the Wen's that Wei Ying saved,"

Jiang Cheng frowned a bit. He recalled the time his brother had explained to him about why he decided to save the Wen's and what they had done for them. He still remembered the way Wei WuXian was smiling and laughing fondly, until it had slipped into despair and guilt.

Jiang Cheng shook that broken expression away and spoke with determination, "We have to save them,"

"We have to save everyone," Lan WangJi corrected.

"Okay!" Jiang Cheng agreed.

A pause.

"...how do we do that?"

Lan WangJi shrugged, "I do not know how long we've been at Cloud Recesses since we first met. But it must be before Wei Ying punches Jin ZiXuan,"

The jade then paused and glanced at Jiang Cheng, "Will you let him punch the boy?"

Jiang Cheng scowled, "Of course I will. That idiot doesn't see my sister's worth yet,"

"But the engagement is called off?"

"A-Jie and Jin ZiXuan married out of love. That's what I want for my sister. I'm not gonna force her to marry a man who doesn't treat her well," Jiang Cheng spoke strictly and then laughed sarcastically, "I have to fix my parent's marriage as well. Get my Father to stop being a coward and stop my mother's blind hatred and abuse on A-Xian,"