Chapter 38: The Consequences of Time Travel

Lan WangJi almost breathed a sigh of relief when he saw Lotus Pier. He was coming unannounced and rather soon, considering his last visit was two weeks ago. He flew straight to the main building, landing in front of it and opening the doors. He ignored the startled disciples and spoke, "Where can I find everyone?"

Obviously the disciples knew which five he meant.

"S-swords hall. They're meeting about some-"

Lan WangJi didn't hear the rest, just quickly opening the Sword's Hall doors. The five heads, snapped up startled, all of them eyes widening when Lan WangJi closed the doors and turned back to them, "Pardon my intrusion,"

"Lan Zhan?" Wei WuXian said shocked.

Lan WangJi saw him and couldn't help but run forward and pull the other into a protective hug. Wei WuXian grunted surprised, "A-are you alright?"

Lan WangJi didn't answer, just tightening his grip and exhaling shakily. He closed his eyes, pressing ghost of kisses on the other's hair. Wei WuXian quickly hugged back, softly rubbing up and down the boys back.

Yu ZiYuan and Jiang Fengmian shared worried looks, the female speaking softly, "WangJi?"

"Cloud Recesses..." Lan WangJi swallowed, "Was attacked,"

"What?!" Everyone except Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli exclaimed, Wei WuXian pulling out of the hug, slightly pale, "Are you okay? Why are you here? What about Xichen-Ge, your Father, and Master Lan?"

"Everyone's fine," Lan WangJi informed, glancing at Jiang Cheng, "I heard them on my way back from a nighthunt so we got time to prepare. A few disciples are injured,"

"Who attacked?" Jiang Fengmian asked, despite having an idea.

"Wen Xu led a small army to burn it down," Lan WangJi spat out the name.

At once, everyone looked towards Wei WuXian who suddenly sucked in a breath and stiffened. Lan WangJi's eyebrow twitched and he reassured, "Everyone and all the buildings are fine thank to you,"

"A-ah?"

"Your fire resistant talisman," Lan WangJi informed.

Wei WuXian looked lost, "How did you get those?"

Lan WangJi did not hesitate to look towards Jiang Cheng, who ducked behind his sister. Wei WuXian looked at his brother, "You- Why do you keep sending him stuff?!"

"If you're not gonna brag, I'll do it for you!" Jiang Cheng stuck his tongue out, "Plus, it just saved the Lan Sect,"

Wei WuXian nodded slowly. Jiang Yanli spoke up softly, "Xichen sent me a letter briefly saying the Wen Sect was coming to Gusu, but he didn't tell me they were going to burn it!"

Lan WangJi nodded, "We didn't want anyone to worry too much, considering we had the situation under control,"

"Lan Zhan...why are you here? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad...but..." Wei WuXian bit the inside of his cheek, frowning when he saw Lan WangJi tense. He quickly grabbed one of the olders hands, "Lan Zhan? Are you okay, what was that hug you gave me about? You're positive nothing happened back at Gusu?"

"I have a message for QingYuan Jun and Zi Zhizhu*," Lan WangJi's eyes quickly turned cold, "Actually...I think everyone should know...except you,"

He looked at Wei WuXian, who did a double take, "What? Why can't I know,"

"Because you will probably act reckless," Jiang Cheng stepped in, "Knowing your selfless and hero act, you might think too far,"