Chapter 30: Lovely Tears

Golden light streamed in and Jiang Cheng weakly cracked open his eyes. He felt a body next to him, blinking his eyesight clear and recognizing his brother. He then felt his heart twang at the sight of the red eyes and slightly swollen cheeks.

"A-Cheng, you're awake," A gentle voice said and Jiang Cheng glanced over to see his sister, cross the room with a tray in her hand.

Jiang Cheng smiled as he caught the scent of a familiar soup. But it fell as he saw his sister's own red eyes. He knew he was the same, the memories of last night still fresh in his mind.

The heartbreak when he realized his brother-

Jiang Cheng felt tears swell up again, "A-Jie..."

Jiang Yanli looked at him and quickly took his hands, "I know..."

They both glanced towards their brother, who was still asleep. Jiang Cheng sniffled, "What time is it?"

"Late," Jiang Yanli informed, "I had a servant fetch clothes for you both...you can wash up behind the screen,"

Jiang Cheng nodded, slowly standing up and making his way behind the screen where two tubs of water were. Jiang Cheng undressed himself, sinking into one of the tubs and sighing slightly. He rested his forehead on his knees, closing his eyes slightly. He then spoke to his sister, "Jie, A-Xian would never want WangJi to know,"

"I know...I was wondering about it this morning, " Jiang Yanli responded as Jiang Cheng began to bathe.

"...I don't think we should tell him. At least we know now and can help him, " Jiang Cheng decided, 'Hopefully. And if it gets too serious, I'll tell WangJi'

"You're right...it's A-Xian's business to tell him when he's ready, " Jiang Yanli agreed.

Jiang Cheng couldn't help but think, 'he never will...'

Finishing up, Jiang Cheng stood up and used a long cloth to dry himself down before wearing the robes provided for him. He then walked out from the screen, smiling as he saw the sight. His sister had sat on the edge of the bed, Wei WuXian's head in her lap as she stroked his hair. Jiang Cheng sat in a chair near the bed, taking a bowl of soup set out for him and beginning to eat slowly.

"You should wake him, " Jiang Cheng reminded.

"He looks so peaceful, " Jiang Yanli smiled fondly but complied, shaking the younger, "A-Xian, it's time for you to get up. It's late,"

Wei WuXian responded after a few shakes, letting out a small groan and cracking open his eyes to see his sister smiling warmly at him. He automatically smiled at her, "Shijie,"

"A-Xian, " She giggled.

"Jie made soup, " Jiang Cheng informed, Wei WuXian sitting up and looking at him confused before his eyes widened and last night came back to him.

He cried last night. No- they know. All of them know. Jiang Cheng knows. Jiang Yanli knows. He had never wanted anyone to know. There was nothing wrong with him. He didn't need doctors or people to pay him extra attention. He was fine!

'You just tried to drown' a voice in his head said.

But that was years ago...he was fine. He didn't need anyone to know what he worried about. He's supposed to be the reckless and bright head disciples! That's the Wei WuXian everyone knows and loves.

His breathing slowly began to pick up in panic, gripping the bed tightly. As if knowing exactly what he was thinking about, Jiang Cheng reached over and took his hand, "Hey...its okay,"