Chapter 51: Unity - part V

After replenishing strength and ensuring all major injuries were taken care of, the disciples dove into the pond where the six young masters removed the barrier leading everyone out. Like Jiang Cheng said, they broke the water's surface outside in the forest. Once everyone was out, the group began their way in the direction of Yunmeng and away from Qishan.

They'd taken the swords with them for extra measure, just in case something were to happen. Nie Huaisang, who coincidentally had an extra fan hidden in his robes, used that as a temporary weapon, while the other five young masters took one sword each. Jiang Cheng and Wei WuXian led the way, through the trees, senses on high alert for any noise.

After an hour or so of walking, the group found a small village near a river. About to go over, Lan Xichen caught Wei WuXian's robes, "We don't have money for boats,"

Wei WuXian smiled mischievously, "Who said we need money?"

"Wei Ying..." Lan WangJi frowned.

Jiang Cheng, already knowing what his brother meant, looked at the youngest Jade, "Don't drink any vinegar. A-Xian is the only person who can manage to get us enough boats,"

Lan WangJi's face was quick to darken and Jin ZiXuan snorted, patting the males back sympathetically. Wei WuXian left before he would get held back, smiling and heading straight towards the docks. It wasn't as busy as the one in Lotus Pier, but there were a handful of boats.

"Excuse me!" Wei WuXian called cheerfully, walking over to a young group of females, "Hello, pretty sisters! Do you know who manages the docks, here?"

"Oh," Nie Huaiasng glanced over at Lan WangJi, who had an expression that was very similar to a pout and snickered.

"Second Young Master Lan, I can ensure you shixiong never truly means more than harmless flirting," A Jiang disciple grinned.

"Young Master, our family runs the docks," A female smiled gently at him, "What is it young master needs?"

Wei WuXian laughed and began to chat with the girls, who all began to laugh and smile. Lan WangJi could feel his jealousy swarm and he lowered his gaze, focusing on the sword in his hands. Lan Xichen saw him and smiled teasingly, Lan WangJi glaring at him.

"Oh my! So many handsome young masters!" One of the girls praised loudly getting their attention again.

Wei WuXian looked over and chuckled seeing Lan WangJi's expression. He turned to the girls and spoke in a soft tone, "Kind sisters, may we borrow a few boats. We must urgently get back to Yunmeng and we are without our swords,"

"Yunmeng?" One of the girls gasped, "That's very far! What is it that is so urgent?"

Wei WuXian explained briefly about the indoctrination and getting trapped in the cave, "We need to head home and rest. Yunmeng is our best shot right now. So, can these beautiful sisters please help us?"

The girls looked at one another, before smiling and nodding. They smiled at Wei WuXian, "We'll provide some food, please take it!"

"Sisters are too kind!" Wei WuXian bowed deeply, turning to the group and motioning them over, "These boats can hold six of us at a time! Come on,"

The group was stunned but hurried forward, bowing deeply to the sisters and thanking them. The boats were quickly boarded except for the one going to be used by the six young masters. The sisters had gone back towards the wooden building, running to each ship with a small basket of fruits and steamed buns.

Handing a basket to Jin ZiXuan, the golden robed bowed deeply, "Thank you. I will send some gifts when I return to Lanling,"

The girl that handed him the basket only laughed, "Gifts? We are content here, this village may be without you cultivators, but its home. If you want to repay us, then please save the Wens,"