Chapter 18: A Lenient Lunch

Wei WuXian stepped into his bedroom with a bright smile, tugging Lan WangJi inside. The two stood in the center, Wei WuXian watching eagerly as the gold eyes scanned the room with deep interest. Unable to keep quiet for too long, he piped up, "Well? What do you think of my bedroom?"

Lan WangJi focused back down on him and smiled, "Signs of Wei Ying everywhere. I like it,"

Wei WuXian cheered, wrapping arms around the taller's neck and smiled, "Lan Zhan, thank you for coming to Lotus Pier. I really wanted to show you my home,"

"Mn," Lan WangJi nodded. He eyed Wei WuXian for a few seconds, before slightly raising his eyebrow, "Something is bothering you,"

Wei WuXian's eyes widened and he slowly turned his head away, "No, I'm fine..."

"Wei Ying," Lan WangJi scolded lightly, holding the younger in place softly. He paused and carefully said, "...It is Madam Yu?"

Wei WuXian's lips pressed into a thin line before a small sigh fell. He didn't want to admit that the idea of telling Yu ZiYuan about him being a cutsleeve and in a relationship scared him. He knew eventually, he would have to tell her...or she would find out. Originally, he hadn't wanted to tell her, but with the way things went with Jiang Yanli, he knew he would have to tell the Lady of the Sect. Wei WuXian frowned and hesitantly glanced up to see Lan WangJi watching him with worry.

"Lan Zhan, I really really like you," Wei WuXian mumbled softly, "I want to show you off to everyone. Let everyone in the world know that you are mine and I am yours,"

Lan WangJi's eyes widened slightly but Wei WuXian didn't let him speak, "Madam Yu and I...don't have the best relationship. I'm worried about how she'll react to our relationship...especially after I ruined Shijie's marriage. Heh...I don't regret punching him, but..."

Lan WangJi stopped him with a small kiss. Wei WuXian accepted it easily. When they pulled back Lan WangJi spoke with sincerity, "I am yours, forever. I do not care for any words or any other proposals. I just want Wei Ying, in this life and in the next and the next,"

Wei WuXian stared at him shocked, "Lan Zhan...do you know what promise you're making?"

"Mn," Lan WangJi agreed, his look pooling with love, "Don't want anyone but Wei Ying,"

Wei WuXian almost choked on the flustered squawk he let out, before tugging his lover into a deep kiss, "Are you sure?

"En,"

"Mm...not too long ago, you were telling me to go away," Wei WuXian reminded.

"...sorry,"

Wei WuXian let out a laugh, pressing his forehead to the Jade's shoulder, "Lan Zhan, ay, Lan Zhan...you're amazing. I don't want anyone else either. No one can compare with my Lan Zhan,"

"Yours," Lan WangJi smiled, gifting another kiss.

A knock on the door made the two step back. Wei WuXian asked, "Yes?"

"Young Master Wei, Sect Leader wanted me to get you and Second Young Master Lan for lunch,"

Wei WuXian looked at Lan WangJi, who gave a small nod. Walking forward, Wei WuXian opened the door and stepped out with Lan WangJi following him. The two walked back towards the sword's hall, Wei WuXian almost sighing in relief as he realized Yu ZiYuan was not here yet. Wei WuXian sat beside Jiang Cheng, Lan WangJi on the other side beside Lan Xichen. Jiang Yanli was on the other side of Jiang Cheng.

"You two weren't being indecent, were you?" Jiang Cheng raised an eyebrow.

Wei WuXian glared at him, "No! Heaven's A-Cheng, you think I want to die already for breaking a tradition that would have Master Lan and Madam Yu on my head?"