Prologue

"Lan Zhan, please stop looking at me like that," Wei WuXian pleaded with a small smile, "It won't be too long anyway!"

Lan WangJi frowned deeply, "Why can't Brother be there?"

"One of your brother's is there," Wei WuXian grinned.

It faltered as he caught Lan WangJi's unamused scowl. Wei WuXian sighed deeply, briefly recalling the conversation he had with Jiang Cheng two days ago. It was about the same, except more cursing and more words. Not to mention his brother was not shy of mentioning his dislike for Lan WangJi. He just...held back because Wei WuXian was his brother and Lan WangJi was Wei WuXian's husband. Wei WuXian glanced at the taller male, walking over and placing his hands around the Jade's neck, "Er-Gege, Jiang Cheng is your brother in law- he has been for years!"

"He's awful," Lan WangJi deadpanned, hugging the demonic cultivator's waist softly.

"He's not awful. He's just...aggressive," Wei WuXian corrected with a chuckle.

"How about I go with you and the children?" Lan WangJi suggested, desperate to get out of the situation of being forced to hang out with the Jiang Sect Leader.

"Nope, Xichen-Ge is going with me," Wei WuXian shook his head, "He's at ease around the kids and..."

Wei WuXian paused, eyes dimming lightly and tone dropping, "I'm the only person who understands his feelings the best,"

Lan WangJi's grip tightened, "Wei Ying,"

"I'm fine," Wei WuXian smiled, pecking his husband's lips for extra assurance, "It's you and Jiang Cheng I'm worried about,"

"He tried to kill you,"

"He did not, Lan Zhan...we've talked about this!" Wei WuXian groaned, "Jiang Cheng was grieving and stressed. Remember, he was still young,"

"You were too..." Lan WangJi argued.

"Yeah...but I was content. I found people around me to lean on- sort of," Wei WuXian gulped and then shook his head clear, "Lan Zhan, please, please, please, it's only three hours,"

"I once left you for a few hours and you managed to get whipped and a curse mark on your leg," Lan WangJi gently flicked Wei WuXian's forehead.

"That was different!" Wei WuXian pouted, "Er-Gege, why are you so stubborn? Mm?"

"I'm not,"

"Yes, you are! Do this favor for your husband please," Wei WuXian pulled the husband card, knowing all too well how much Lan WangJi loved him.

As he expected, Lan WangJi cold slate cracked and he looked down at Wei WuXian with a soft gaze. His voice lowered, "But...Sect Leader Jiang is..."

Wei WuXian decided to pull one last trick, "Lan Er Gege, I'll give you something special if you stop arguing with me on this,"

Lan WangJi raised an eyebrow slightly, "What is it?"

Wei WuXian grinned mischievously, pulling Lan WangJi closer to him, to the point where he could feel the hot breaths on his face. He smiled lazily, lifting one hand and gently caressing Lan WangJi's cheek and jaw, "Gege, will you try and get along with my didi for three hours?"

Lan WangJi nuzzled his face in the shorter's neck, "Just three hours?"

Wei WuXian burst into laughter, kissing Lan WangJi's cheek, "Yes, yes! Just three hours,"

Lan WangJi sighed and raised his head again, "Fine. But no longer than three hours!"

Wei WuXian beamed and Lan WangJi couldn't help but smile slightly. The Jade accepted the flutter of kisses, "I promise! No longer than three hours!"